Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to see the output of reports in Textpad (Oracle Reports 10g)
How to see the output of reports in Textpad [message #542170] Sun, 05 February 2012 11:27 Go to next message
for_u_day@yahoo.com
Hi,
I wanted to know the process , where the output of the Oracle reports instead of opening in the Internet Explorer, i wanted to get this output opened in Textpad.
Please help me to get that.

Also, is there a possibility to pass page range dynamically to get printed in oracle reports
For example , i wanted to get only 3-12 pages to be printed so please let me know if we can pass page range as parameters.

Re: How to see the output of reports in Textpad [message #542185 is a reply to message #542170] Sun, 05 February 2012 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As of your first question: try with WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT; if the document type is associated with "Textpad", it will be used to open that document.

As of your second question: no idea. I make that choice from the "Print" dialog (you know, "File - Print").
Re: How to see the output of reports in Textpad [message #542227 is a reply to message #542185] Mon, 06 February 2012 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ranamirfan

As my understanding you can get the output of report in text format using TEXT_IO built-in package.Please see report help about it.

Regards,
Irfan
Re: How to see the output of reports in Textpad [message #542268 is a reply to message #542227] Mon, 06 February 2012 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for_u_day@yahoo.com
The output of the report is already in Text only.

-----
I was trying to use Web.Show_Document , but Not sure on how to tell that Textpad.exe should be used.
Still trying to figure out by simply creating a form on emp with a button and on its click , it should call a report and open in Textpad.

If anyone has this solution already designed , i would appreciate if the same is shared.
I am trying though , just wanted share with you experts.

With Regards
Raj
Re: How to see the output of reports in Textpad [message #542275 is a reply to message #542268] Mon, 06 February 2012 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Not sure on how to tell that Textpad.exe should be used

If TXT files are associated with textpad.exe (instead of Notepad), then Textpad will be used to open any TXT file (when you double-click it or - as in your case - open with WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT).
Re: How to see the output of reports in Textpad [message #543327 is a reply to message #542275] Tue, 14 February 2012 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for_u_day@yahoo.com
I have tried for the past one week but still facing the issue .
What i have done to replicate is as below
1) I created a sample form on emp
2) Had placed a button named as show_emp;
3) The expected result when i click on this button is to open a emp.rdf report that was already created.
4) But when i used web.show_document referring emp.rdf , Textpad.It gives me error.

5) The expected result is when i click on the show_emp button the report should be opened in Textpad and not in webbrowser.

Appreciate your help on this.

With Regards
Raj
Re: How to see the output of reports in Textpad [message #543661 is a reply to message #543327] Thu, 16 February 2012 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for_u_day@yahoo.com
Hi,
I have been trying and i could run the report from the form and the get the output in pdf and here is the below question.
1) I have used the below code
-- Now build the parameter string for running the report
v_parameter_string := 'server=rep_servername';
v_parameter_string := v_parameter_string||'&report=C:\my_reports10\MODULE1.rdf';
v_parameter_string := v_parameter_string||'&userid='||'scott'||'/'||'tiger'||'@'||'XE';
v_parameter_string := v_parameter_string||'&execution_mode=batch';
v_parameter_string := v_parameter_string||'&comm_mode=synchronous';
v_parameter_string := v_parameter_string||'&destype=cache';
--v_parameter_string := v_parameter_string||'&desname="C:\Program Files\TextPad 5\TextPad.exe"';
v_parameter_string := v_parameter_string||'&desname=C:\Program Files\TextPad 5\TextPad.exe';
v_parameter_string := v_parameter_string||'&desformat=delimited';

When i use the textpad as shown above . It says the following
"rep-50159 executed successfully but there were some errors when distribute the output"

So help me in getting the output displayed in TextPad instead of pdf.
Please reply as early as possibile.

Re: How to see the output of reports in Textpad [message #543700 is a reply to message #543661] Thu, 16 February 2012 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for_u_day@yahoo.com
Can someone please share their expertise in achieving this component.
When i run , i am able to see the output in pdf when the desformat is mentioned as pdf .
The same output if we want to get it printed on to a TEXTPAD what is the process.

Waiting for a helping hand here.

With Regards
Raj
Re: How to see the output of reports in Textpad [message #543772 is a reply to message #543700] Thu, 16 February 2012 14:42 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As there are no new replies for days now, here you are: I saw all messages you posted, but I don't know how to achieve that goal (except for what I already said, but it either didn't work or you didn't like the idea). What I meant (by saying that TXT files should be associated with TEXTPAD you mention) was this:

• on MS Windows XP, open Windows Explorer
  • navigate to Tools menu and select Folder Options
  • go to File Types tab
  • find TXT extension
  • currently, it opens with Notepad (on my PC)
  • push the "Change" button to associate TXT files with another editor
  • in my case, it is ConTEXT; in yours, it would be TEXTPAD
  • <OK> as many times as necessary to close all windows
  • double click on any TXT document would run ConTEXT (i.e. TEXTPAD) and open the file. The same *should* happen when you do that with WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT

/forum/fa/9847/0/

That's all I have to say about it; no other ideas, sorry.
  • Attachment: context.PNG
    (Size: 24.71KB, Downloaded 1946 times)
Previous Topic: how to add union to report query
Next Topic: sales analysis by customer need to be ammended
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:58:29 CDT 2024