Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Using Instr and substr (BIP)
Using Instr and substr [message #601664] Sat, 23 November 2013 21:36 Go to next message
purnimagn
Hi,

I am trying to use the same logic you mentioned, but with the Instr withing the substring. My date format is d/m/yyyy.
The code I have written is
<?xdofx:substr(SsCalculatedArrivalDate,Instr(SsCalculatedArrivalDate,'/',1,2)+1,Instr(SsCalculatedArrivalDate,'/',1,2)+4) || '-' || substr(SsCalculatedArrivalDate,Instr(SsCalculatedArrivalDate,'/',1,1)+1,Instr(SsCalculatedArrivalDate,'/',(Instr(SsCalculatedArrivalD ate,'/',1,1)+1),2)- (Instr(SsCalculatedArrivalDate,'/',1,1))) || '-' || substr(SsCalculatedArrivalDate,1,Instr(SsCalculatedArrivalDate,'/',1,1)-1)?>

which returns me the date in the yyyy-m-d format, but I cant use the word properties to display it in dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy, but it always displays in yyyy-m-d.

Please help.

Thanks
Re: Using Instr and substr [message #601747 is a reply to message #601664] Mon, 25 November 2013 04:33 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
purnimagn wrote on Sun, 24 November 2013 03:36
Hi,

I am trying to use the same logic you mentioned, but with the Instr withing the substring.

Who mentioned it where? We have no cluse what you are referring to.

My date format is d/m/yyyy.

The date format of what exactly?

which returns me the date in the yyyy-m-d format, but I cant use the word properties to display it in dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy, but it always displays in yyyy-m-d.

I have no idea what you mean by word properties.
Previous Topic: Convert report to Excel
Next Topic: Convert report to Excel File
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:44:08 CDT 2024