Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » TIFF with JPGE compress (Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.7.0 - 64bit Production)
TIFF with JPGE compress [message #614619] Fri, 23 May 2014 15:20 Go to next message
jamalfarooq
Hi Gurus,

Please accept my apologies if I post on wrong forum...
I have a task where I will get cheque images, customer advise that they are in TIFF JPEG Compress format, but when I check the file it has no extension.
when I check it's property its say Open with : "Windows Shell Common Dll".
My task is to create a batch process which will convert all these files into JPEG format and then I will save it into oracle database.

Any Idea / comments.... please advise.
I tried to upload the sample file but as it does not have any extension it giving me following error.

The file you are trying to upload does not match the allowed file types

Jamal.

Re: TIFF with JPGE compress [message #614626 is a reply to message #614619] Fri, 23 May 2014 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

This question bears no real connection with Oracle database.
Please find a more appropriate forum.
The topic is locked. /forum/fa/448/0/
If I'm wrong, please, PM me (or report this message to a moderator, explain why you think it should be unlocked and it might be done).

Re: TIFF with JPGE compress [message #614629 is a reply to message #614626] Sat, 24 May 2014 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
jamalfarooq

TIFF JPEG Compress format (...) it has no extension (...) Open with : "Windows Shell Common Dll". My task is to (...) convert all these files into JPEG format

As far as I understood, you have no idea in which format you are receiving these files. They can be virtually anything: JPEG, cheque screenshots pasted into a MS Word document, cheques printed to a virtual PDF printer, etc.

There's a term called "prerequisites"; one of them - in your case - might be: all files that represent cheques MUST be saved in JPG format and their name must follow the following naming convention: CHEQUE_ACCOUNT_NUMBER_YYYYMMDD.JPG (for example: CHEQUE_321448572_20140524.JPG). Otherwise, file will not be accepted.

Why would you take care about converting zillion file formats to JPG (especially when you don't know what their original format is)?

As of storing images into an Oracle database, there are numerous examples available on the Internet, you just have to search for them.
Re: TIFF with JPGE compress [message #614635 is a reply to message #614619] Sat, 24 May 2014 08:08 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If you insist on doing the conversion yourself, try ImageMagick Convert Command-Line Tool.
Previous Topic: ORA-01019
Next Topic: install the Oracle ODBC drivers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:47:47 CDT 2024