Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » Problem: INPATH doesnt work as expected
Problem: INPATH doesnt work as expected [message #76120] Wed, 08 September 2004 05:32
Dave Castonguay
Hi everyone,

i need your help on something i ran into yesterday.
Consider the following XML that is the content of XMLType field in our novels db:

<record>
   <leader>01127nam  2200385 a 4500</leader>
   <controlfield tag="001">0000795331</controlfield>
   <controlfield tag="005">20040816135746.0</controlfield>
   <controlfield tag="008">010402s2000    fr                f fre  </controlfield>

--- more fields here not revelant to our case ----
   <datafield tag="100" ind1="1" ind2=" ">
      <subfield code="a">Lord, Jeffrey.</subfield>
   </datafield>
   <datafield tag="245" ind1="1" ind2="4">
      <subfield code="a">Les affins d'Oniris /</subfield>
      <subfield code="c">Jeffrey Lord ; adapté de l'américain par Yves Chéraqui.</subfield>
   </datafield>
--- more fields here not revelant to our case ----
</record>

Now when i execute the following query (either from SQL+ or from Java):

select rowid,r.notice
from roman r where CONTAINS(notice,' (roch and carrier INPATH(/record/datafield[[@tag="245"]]/subfield[[@code="a"]]))')>0

As you see, the constraint check for a value on a particular path that is a subfield with an attribute code=a that is a child of a datafield with an attribute tag=245.

So, the previous XML record shouldn't be returned when i execute the query, but it is. It's look like the the INPATH is done also on subfield with attribute code="c" which contains the values "roch and carrier".
I ve done test changing the query INPATH to something like: /record/datafield[[@tag=245]]/subfield[[@code="Z"]]
Like expected, no rows are returned, because there's no subield with an attribute code="Z".

So why, my query expands the INPATH constraint to unspecified element?

Is it just my query that is badly build (im still a newbie with Oracle XML and Text)?

Any help/advices will be welcome!
Have a nice day!

Dave
Previous Topic: help plz on weird (¿) character
Next Topic: how to create CTXRULE index for chinese?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:35:18 CDT 2024