Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reports 10G - SPREADSHEET - cannot see the cell borders in Excel (Oracle Reports 10 G version 9.2.0.6.0)
Reports 10G - SPREADSHEET - cannot see the cell borders in Excel [message #452065] Mon, 19 April 2010 19:38 Go to next message
venkat9876
Hi,
I created a report with destination format set to SPREADSHEET.
The output comes in excel spread sheet.

But, I am unable to see the borders around all the cells. Our req is to get the borders around every cell.

can someone help me on this. I appreciate your response.

thanks,
Nivas
Re: Reports 10G - SPREADSHEET - cannot see the cell borders in Excel [message #452100 is a reply to message #452065] Tue, 20 April 2010 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Isn't that to be set in Excel? This is Excel 2003 Options window:

/forum/fa/7713/0/

Re: Reports 10G - SPREADSHEET - cannot see the cell borders in Excel [message #452186 is a reply to message #452065] Tue, 20 April 2010 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SGORTON
Littlefoot is incorrect. The MS Excel switch will not bring back gridlines. To do what Littlefoot is suggesting one would have to clear all formats first and then reformat the spreadsheet in MS Excel. This would have to be performed each time the report is generated. Very painful!

There is another approach. Overall, the problem here is that you are using a paper layout. A paper layout is designed to be a quick method to output a jsp (and others) using rwservlet.

With rwservlet you have limited control of your jsp. The better technique is to use a web layout unless you want to train your users to reformat their spreadsheets every time they want to generate this type of output.

If you use a web layout you can control every aspect of your spreadsheet output by combining htm/html with jsp tags.

Basically, this is done by generating a paper layout output as spreadsheet. The MS Excel output is then saved as a html which is now compatible with oracle reports web layout. JSP tags are then inserted for data control. The new jsp is then published through an EE Application utilizing JDeveloper.

The exact methodology for oracle report web layouts is available online. I hope this is helpful.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 April 2010 09:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Reports 10G - SPREADSHEET - cannot see the cell borders in Excel [message #452214 is a reply to message #452186] Tue, 20 April 2010 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
venkat9876
I am not talking about the grid. I tried selecting Grid from the mS excel 2007. it doesnt make any difference. rather if i choose All Borders, i get the desired result.

But, i am looking for a way to change any frame or field properties in oracle eports that may produce the desired result without complicating the things.
Re: Reports 10G - SPREADSHEET - cannot see the cell borders in Excel [message #452229 is a reply to message #452065] Tue, 20 April 2010 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SGORTON
I believe I do understand your issue correctly. You want to programmatically show gridlines when you publish your report.

Unfortunately, you are not going to get that level of detail control using the 'spreadsheet' switch in rwservlet. It is not designed for that level of control.

You should read the 10g Report Services documentation which depicts the development of the 'spreadsheet' switch and how it is to be used. In sum, this switch was not designed to be used for in the way you want to use it.

As I stated earlier, the web layout is the method of choice. Using a web layout, any property that can be saved in an Excel html format can be duplicated in Oracle Reports (10g) web layout. It is not that difficult to learn although it may be a little time consuming working through deployment the first couple of times.

I am sorry if this is not what you want to hear but it does work.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 April 2010 15:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Reports 10G - SPREADSHEET - cannot see the cell borders in Excel [message #456862 is a reply to message #452065] Wed, 19 May 2010 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gunji250
Hi
you need to set the One of the frames property those are surrounding your cells
set the frame property like
web settings --> Table Attributes (HTML) --> border="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"

Hope this will solve your problem

thanks
gunji
Re: Reports 10G - SPREADSHEET - cannot see the cell borders in Excel [message #617467 is a reply to message #452065] Mon, 30 June 2014 07:02 Go to previous message
mohanpadamata

Hi Nivas/All,

Could you guide me to create an excel output using Oracle reports 10g version? Also,
1) I have to call this report from forms menu using a 5 letter code
2) Generate the excel output and should be able to send it to downstream automatically.

TIA,
Mohan
Previous Topic: convert tabular report to group report
Next Topic: Report engine crashed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:04:41 CDT 2024