Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Issue with binding parameter in Data wizard query (Oracle reports 6i)
Issue with binding parameter in Data wizard query [message #602297] Mon, 02 December 2013 18:16 Go to next message
Berryfinn
I had created a parameter (:p_attributes) and I am trying to use it in the query in Data wizard.
This parameter will be displayed in the parameter form, and will be a free-entry data-label.

I had used the below query to pull data but i dont see any data in the specific column.
The below mentioned code is part of a select statement (select clause)
The 'samples' table has 3 columns - id, name, text_value

Select text_value
from samples
where name=:p_attributes

Please let me know if I am missing something here.

Thank You for your help.
Re: Issue with binding parameter in Data wizard query [message #602303 is a reply to message #602297] Mon, 02 December 2013 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahzad-ul-hasan
send me parametrer form picture and report layout. also view the attached rdf file for your understanding.
  • Attachment: stock.RDF
    (Size: 88.00KB, Downloaded 1698 times)
Re: Issue with binding parameter in Data wizard query [message #602327 is a reply to message #602303] Tue, 03 December 2013 04:11 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Does the same query - when ran in SQL*Plus - return any values?

What exactly do you put into that parameter's value? Could you run a query (in SQL*Plus, again), using exactly the same SELECT statement, with the same WHERE clause as you use in this report?

How do I do that? I prepare the whole SELECT statement in SQL*Plus and - once I'm done and satisfied with results it returns - simply copy/paste it into report.
Previous Topic: One report, Multiple Copies
Next Topic: Serial Number Field
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:58:53 CDT 2024