Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » How to handle application session failure in weblogic cluster and load balancer (Weblogic Version: 12c, OS : Windows)
How to handle application session failure in weblogic cluster and load balancer [message #656475] Fri, 07 October 2016 05:58 Go to next message
aswathy
Hello,

I have two managed servers added to a cluster in a weblogic server and a load balancer used to manage traffic to these servers. My Application is deployed to this cluster and accessible from URL of load balancer which is working fine. While monitoring requests serving in these managed servers, I can see it is distributed and serving fine to users. If i shutdown 1 managed server, my application get down and page shows network error but it will go to login page if i refresh or reload the page. i can see that the request at that time was redirected to the managed server which is in running state.
How can I avoid this failure? Also how can i redirect the session to at least bounce back to the login screen without showing the connection failure to the user ?
Load balancer is currently set up in a remote physical server in some other place. So, I need to handle this issue from our end itself. Is it possible to do anything from Weblogic server 12c? I don't have much knowledge about this. But, I've read about http replication and tried the same, however it didn't succeed. (added PersistentStoreType as REPLICATED_IF_CLUSTERED in the weblogic.xml file in my ADF application)
Re: How to handle application session failure in weblogic cluster and load balancer [message #656572 is a reply to message #656475] Tue, 11 October 2016 11:30 Go to previous message
smunir362
WebLogic Server did not provide such session failover not loadbalancer.
You need to configure ascrs then add weblogic servers to this. ascrs is just like crs for database.
Previous Topic: Finding errors and events in weblogic 12c
Next Topic: Java version related to AS 10.1.2.0.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:22:49 CDT 2024