Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Oracle App. Server 10g. error when accessing file on a remote server (Oracle Application Server 10.1.2, Windows 2003 server)
Oracle App. Server 10g. error when accessing file on a remote server [message #658125] Mon, 05 December 2016 04:34 Go to next message
calacausi
hi,
i need my Forms application access files stored in a remote server. I checked that \\OASServer and \\RemoteServer computers are in the same domain, and the remote directory \\RemoteServer\temp is shared and has full control rights assigned to 'Everyone'. Anymore, \\RemoteServer\temp directory is listed in webutil.cfg file (both for read and write access).
After a reboot of both computers, I realized that Application Server can not access the remote file. in details, I noticed two issues
1. HOST commands (ie: HOST('cmd /c copy /Y \\RemoteServer\temp\test.txt D:\temp') fails silently (no error warnings are issued).
2. Webutil commands also fail. for example WEBUTIL_FILE_TRANSFER.AS_TO_CLIENT([user's file],'\\RemoteServer\temp\test.txt') throws the 'WUT-118 application server file \\RemoteServer\temp\test.txt does nos exist or is of zero length' error.
notice that the two servers are able to comunicate each other. for example, if i run 'copy /Y \\RemoteServer\temp\test.txt D:\temp' from a DOS shell on my \\OASServer computer, it works perfectly.
so, what is wrong? im struggling with it!
thanks for your help
Re: Oracle App. Server 10g. error when accessing file on a remote server [message #658131 is a reply to message #658125] Mon, 05 December 2016 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
calacausi wrote on Mon, 05 December 2016 02:34
hi,
i need my Forms application access files stored in a remote server. I checked that \\OASServer and \\RemoteServer computers are in the same domain, and the remote directory \\RemoteServer\temp is shared and has full control rights assigned to 'Everyone'. Anymore, \\RemoteServer\temp directory is listed in webutil.cfg file (both for read and write access).
After a reboot of both computers, I realized that Application Server can not access the remote file. in details, I noticed two issues
1. HOST commands (ie: HOST('cmd /c copy /Y \\RemoteServer\temp\test.txt D:\temp') fails silently (no error warnings are issued).
2. Webutil commands also fail. for example WEBUTIL_FILE_TRANSFER.AS_TO_CLIENT([user's file],'\\RemoteServer\temp\test.txt') throws the 'WUT-118 application server file \\RemoteServer\temp\test.txt does nos exist or is of zero length' error.
notice that the two servers are able to comunicate each other. for example, if i run 'copy /Y \\RemoteServer\temp\test.txt D:\temp' from a DOS shell on my \\OASServer computer, it works perfectly.
so, what is wrong? im struggling with it!
thanks for your help
Root cause & fix are external to Oracle
Oracle is the victim; not the culprit.
Problem is at OS level & does not involve Oracle DB.
Re: Oracle App. Server 10g. error when accessing file on a remote server [message #658137 is a reply to message #658131] Mon, 05 December 2016 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
calacausi
i know that the architecture was working perfectly before we had to restart the server. and, as i said, the two servers are able to comunicate. maybe some configuration parameter was lost and I have to reset it, but i dont know what i have to do.
Re: Oracle App. Server 10g. error when accessing file on a remote server [message #658172 is a reply to message #658125] Tue, 06 December 2016 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Oracle processes will usually run with the security profile of a local system account. There is no reason why such an account would have any privileges on a directory mounted from a remote system. Perhaps before your reboot, the processes were running under a different account? Started manually maybe, rather than as a service? It is also possible that the reboot has picked up some changes in the domain user configuration.
The fact that an interactive shell logged on as you can copy files may not prove anything.
Re: Oracle App. Server 10g. error when accessing file on a remote server [message #659312 is a reply to message #658172] Thu, 12 January 2017 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
calacausi
hi john,
i checked out oracle services, and noticed that they were running under Local System account. after restarting OAS Control and Process Manager under a domain user which full access privileges on all remote servers, webutil works.
thank you for support
Re: Oracle App. Server 10g. error when accessing file on a remote server [message #659315 is a reply to message #659312] Thu, 12 January 2017 08:00 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
thanks for the feedback
Previous Topic: Weblogic Installation
Next Topic: Weblogic Report issue - Oracle 12c
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:43:22 CDT 2024