Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » query performance (11g )
query performance [message #670587] Sat, 14 July 2018 05:34 Go to next message
annu-agi

Dear experts

in my query i have a requirement to get result which is greater then 0 , for e.g.

where primary_quantity>0

when i include this condition then it reply dead slow other wise it working fine. well table is huge in size and having millions of data and you know we cannot create index on it.

will you please tell me how can i handle this

regards

anwer
Re: query performance [message #670588 is a reply to message #670587] Sat, 14 July 2018 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Remove the data.

Re: query performance [message #670589 is a reply to message #670587] Sat, 14 July 2018 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EdStevens
annu-agi wrote on Sat, 14 July 2018 05:34
Dear experts

in my query i have a requirement to get result which is greater then 0 , for e.g.

where primary_quantity>0

when i include this condition then it reply dead slow other wise it working fine. well table is huge in size and having millions of data and you know we cannot create index on it.

will you please tell me how can i handle this

regards

anwer
No, we don't know that you cannot create an index. Why can't you create an index?

Beyond that, how do you expect any help at all. We don't have your tables, we don't have your data, and we don't even have the query that is givng you a problem.

My car won't go fast. Here is a picture of the tail light. Please tell me how to make my car go fast.

If you want help tuning a query you need to provid
1) the ddl to create the table, complete with all indexes.
2) dml to insert representative data.
3) an explain plan, in readable format.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 July 2018 14:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: query performance [message #670635 is a reply to message #670589] Tue, 17 July 2018 06:29 Go to previous message
Bill B
I have indexes on tables with almost a billion rows and the response is very quick. Your statement makes no sense. If you had an index on primary_quantity your query would find the necessary rows very quickly and since you are using 11G you can create your index while your users are accessing the table by using the ONLINE clause on the CREATE INDEX command.
Previous Topic: how to work around the substitution variables in plsql
Next Topic: Need Help on Pl/Sql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:43:49 CDT 2024