Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » ctxsys creation in 10g
ctxsys creation in 10g [message #213073] Tue, 09 January 2007 06:01 Go to next message
kumarmvn
Hi,
i want to create ctxsys user in 10.1.0.3.i hv migrated from 9.2.0.4.

I dont know how they installed 10g, but i am not finding the script ?/ctx/admin/dr0csys.sql .

Without this script is there any other way to create ctxsys user ?

pl.help me out in this.

very urgent !!!
thanx in advance.

regards
kumar
Re: ctxsys creation in 10g [message #213111 is a reply to message #213073] Tue, 09 January 2007 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
You should run catctx.sql in $ORACLE_HOME/ctx/admin directory as SYS.
Re: ctxsys creation in 10g [message #213321 is a reply to message #213111] Wed, 10 January 2007 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarmvn
Thanx a lot
Re: ctxsys creation in 10g [message #213357 is a reply to message #213321] Wed, 10 January 2007 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarmvn
Hi Ebrian,

can we create ctxsys user manually by issuing

"create user ctxsys identified by ctxsys default tablespace xxx"

If we can create like this, are there any other roles and pirvs to be given to ctxsys?

any other scripts to run?

Pl.help me out in this.

first advice u hv givne is not yet tried.

thanx and regards
kumar
Re: ctxsys creation in 10g [message #213365 is a reply to message #213357] Wed, 10 January 2007 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
It's unnecessary to create the user ahead of time. If you run the catctx.sql script, it will create the CTXSYS user for you. You call the script as follows:

catctx.sql <password_for_CTXSYS> <tablespace_for_CTXSYS> <temp_tablespace_for_CTXSYS> <lock_or_nolock>

For example:
catctx.sql ctxpass sysaux temp nolock

HTH
Re: ctxsys creation in 10g [message #213537 is a reply to message #213365] Thu, 11 January 2007 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarmvn
Hi friend,

I created CTXSYS user with ur help.But I got some erros while running that catctx.sql .

Where I hv to check my text is working fine or not?

pl.help

thanx a lot for ur help.

regards
kumar
8i dump [message #213550 is a reply to message #213537] Thu, 11 January 2007 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarmvn
Hi,
i hv 8i full db dump. i hv to import this to same oracle version OS is different.same tables,users,ts etc.

Is it necessary to existing users to be dropped in target machine?
all are same as my prod.

pl.advice on this

regards
kumar
Re: ctxsys creation in 10g [message #213565 is a reply to message #213537] Thu, 11 January 2007 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
kumarmvn wrote on Thu, 11 January 2007 04:25

I created CTXSYS user with ur help.But I got some erros while running that catctx.sql .

Where I hv to check my text is working fine or not?

What errors did you receive? They may be innocuous (ie. DROP TABLE --> table does not exist) type errors.

To check the status, you can run the following selects:

select comp_name, status from dba_registry;

select object_name, object_type, status
	from dba_objects
	where owner = 'CTXSYS'
	and status = 'INVALID';

Re: 8i dump [message #213572 is a reply to message #213550] Thu, 11 January 2007 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
kumarmvn wrote on Thu, 11 January 2007 05:11

i hv 8i full db dump. i hv to import this to same oracle version OS is different.same tables,users,ts etc.

Is it necessary to existing users to be dropped in target machine?
all are same as my prod.

You can perform an export against the 8i database using the 8i export utility and then import into the 10g database using the 10g import utility. If you transfer the .dmp file via FTP, ensure that you use binary mode.

If possible in your situation, the easiest method may be to create the users in the 10g database and then import with the FROMUSER/TOUSER parameters. Otherwise, if the users are already created with existing objects in the 10g database, then you should use the FROMUSER/TOUSER and IGNORE=Y parameters during the import.

If you are truly looking to do an upgrade from 8i to 10g, then you may want to review the required Upgrade Path indicated in the Upgrade Guide.
Re: 8i dump [message #213577 is a reply to message #213572] Thu, 11 January 2007 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarmvn
hi ebrian,
i want to import 8.1.7 dump file to 8.1.7 only.
with same users. is it necessary to drop existing users?

thanx and regards
kumar
Re: 8i dump [message #213583 is a reply to message #213577] Thu, 11 January 2007 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
Sorry, I still had your mentioning of "migrating to 10g" from your initial question in my head.

If your desire is to import the FULL dump file, then you should precreate the tablespaces prior to doing the import and then import with FULL=Y and IGNORE=Y. In this case, you can drop the users prior to the import since this process will create the users for you automatically. The OS differences will not matter as long as the tablespaces are already created prior to the import.

However, if you only want to import a subset of the dump file, then the process will essentially be the same as I indicated above. OS difference will not have an affect.

In either case, if FTPing the file, ensure that you use binary mode.
ctxsys user [message #213610 is a reply to message #213583] Thu, 11 January 2007 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarmvn
hi ebrian,

SQL> select comp_name, status from dba_registry;

COMP_NAME
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STATUS
-----------
Oracle Database Catalog Views
VALID

Oracle Database Packages and Types
VALID

Oracle Text
LOADED

================================
SQL> select object_name, object_type, status
2 from dba_objects
3 where owner = 'CTXSYS'
4 and status = 'INVALID';

OBJECT_NAME
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OBJECT_TYPE STATUS
------------------- -------
DRITHS
PACKAGE INVALID

DRVDDL
PACKAGE INVALID

DRVPARX
PACKAGE INVALID

OBJECT_NAME
OBJECT_TYPE STATUS
DRIACC
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRICON
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRIDML
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

OBJECT_NAME
OBJECT_TYPE STATUS
DRIERR
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRIEXP
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRIIMP
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

OBJECT_NAME
OBJECT_TYPE STATUS
DRIIXS
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRILOAD
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRIMLX
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

OBJECT_NAME
OBJECT_TYPE STATUS
DRIOPT
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRIPARSE
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRIPREF
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

OBJECT_NAME
OBJECT_TYPE STATUS
DRISGP
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRISPL
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRITHS
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

OBJECT_NAME
OBJECT_TYPE STATUS
DRITHSC
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRITHSD
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRITHSX
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

OBJECT_NAME
OBJECT_TYPE STATUS
DRIUTL
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRIVAL
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRIXMD
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

OBJECT_NAME
OBJECT_TYPE STATUS
DRVDDL
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRVDDLC
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRVDDLR
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

OBJECT_NAME
OBJECT_TYPE STATUS
DRVDDLX
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRVDML
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRIPARX
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

OBJECT_NAME
OBJECT_TYPE STATUS
DRVODM
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRVPARX
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

DRI_MOVE_CTXSYS
PROCEDURE INVALID

OBJECT_NAME
OBJECT_TYPE STATUS
CTX_ADM
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

CTX_DDL
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

CTX_OUTPUT
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

OBJECT_NAME
OBJECT_TYPE STATUS
CTX_THES
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

CTX_REPORT
PACKAGE BODY INVALID

TEXTINDEXMETHODS
TYPE BODY INVALID

OBJECT_NAME
OBJECT_TYPE STATUS
CATINDEXMETHODS
TYPE BODY INVALID

RULEINDEXMETHODS
TYPE BODY INVALID

XPATHINDEXMETHODS
TYPE BODY INVALID

42 rows selected.

SQL>
pl. do the needful and give advice reg. this

what to do? all are invalid.

thanx and regards
kumar
Re: ctxsys user [message #213613 is a reply to message #213610] Thu, 11 January 2007 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
How was the migration performed?

Do you have a log when you ran the catctx.sql script? Without seeing what errors you received when you ran the catctx.sql script, it's hard to say. You could begin by trying to recompile all INVALID objects by running utlrp.sql as SYS and then re-run the two selects from above again.
Re: ctxsys user [message #213634 is a reply to message #213613] Thu, 11 January 2007 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarmvn
Hi,
where should i find that utlrp.sql ?
plz.help me out

thanx in advance

regards
kumar
Re: ctxsys user [message #213641 is a reply to message #213634] Thu, 11 January 2007 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
utlrp.sql is found in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin directory. Should be run as SYS.
Re: ctxsys user [message #213649 is a reply to message #213641] Thu, 11 January 2007 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarmvn
hi,
after running that utlrp.sql also, i am getting those 42 invalid objects for ctxsys user.

Anything else to do for that?

regards
kumar
Re: ctxsys user [message #213658 is a reply to message #213649] Thu, 11 January 2007 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
Have you applied any patches to the database?

If not, I would suggest connecting as SYS and running the catctx.sql again. Be sure to set spool on before running the script so that you have a log to refer to for errors.
drop db in 10g [message #213763 is a reply to message #213658] Fri, 12 January 2007 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarmvn
hi,
i hv to crate entire 10g database again on linux . what are the steps to be taken care of?

regards
kumar
Re: drop db in 10g [message #213846 is a reply to message #213763] Fri, 12 January 2007 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
Your best bet is going to be to use DBCA. If you select "Custom Database" on Step 2 of the wizard ensure when you get to Step 9 of the wizard that "Oracle Text" is selected.
ctxsys index problem [message #214014 is a reply to message #213846] Sat, 13 January 2007 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarmvn
Hi,
ebrian how r u?
i hv again got a problem in ctxsys.

SELECT /*+ ALL_ROWS DOMAIN_INDEX_SORT USE_NL(item_tl item)*/ score(1), item_tl.item_itemid FROM item_tl WHERE item_tl.lang ='US' AND contains(item_tl.ctx_desc, '${as}', 1) > 0 AND rownum <= 100 ORDER BY score(1) DESC
Exception message: ORA-20000: Oracle Text error:
DRG-10599: column is not indexed

this is my error.

pl.help me in this out!!urgent plz.

thanx and regards
kumar
Re: ctxsys index problem [message #214015 is a reply to message #214014] Sat, 13 January 2007 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
Hello kumar. Did you get your previous problem with INVALID CTXSYS objects resolved?

Guess my obvious question with your current problem will be, have you actually created a text index on the CTX_DESC column? If not, you should first create the text index prior to querying the column.
Re: ctxsys index problem [message #214019 is a reply to message #214015] Sat, 13 January 2007 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarmvn
hi,
actually that was resolved.thanx.
but again i was in soup with this error.

pl.gvie me details answer rel. my quesion

thanx
kumar
Re: ctxsys index problem [message #214022 is a reply to message #214019] Sat, 13 January 2007 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
As I mentioned above, have you already created an Oracle TEXT index on the column CTX_DESC? The error that you are receiving would indicate that an index does not exist on the column.

For small text fragments, a CTXCAT will probably serve you better.

SQL> create table test_index (a1 varchar(40));

Table created.

SQL>
SQL> insert into test_index values ('TEST information');

1 row created.

SQL>
SQL> select * from test_index
  2     where contains(a1, 'test', 1) > 0;
select * from test_index
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-20000: Oracle Text error:

SQL>
SQL> create index test_index_idx on test_index (a1)
  2     indextype is ctxsys.context;

Index created.

SQL>
  2     where contains(a1, 'test', 1) > 0;

A1
----------------------------------------
TEST information

SQL>
SQL> --Now I'll drop the CONTEXT index and create a CTXCAT index
SQL>
SQL> drop index test_index_idx;

Index dropped.

SQL>
SQL> create index test_index_idx on test_index (a1)
  2     indextype is ctxsys.ctxcat;

Index created.

SQL>
  2     where catsearch(a1, 'test', null) > 0;

A1
----------------------------------------
TEST information
Re: ctxsys index problem [message #339909 is a reply to message #214022] Sat, 09 August 2008 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fabianan
Hello Ebrian,

I follow the procedures, but I've got Invalid Objects:

OBJECT_NAME OBJECT_TYPE
DRVODM PACKAGE BODY
DM_CLUSTER TYPE
DM_CLUSTERS TYPE
DBMS_DATA_MINING_DUMMY PACKAGE
DBMS_DATA_MINING_DUMMY PACKAGE BODY

I tried to recompile, but those objects contain dependencies about DM_CLUSTER type. And, when try compile this object i've the error PLS-00201 the dm_centroids identify must be declared

Where I did wrong?
Can you help me?

Thanks a lot
Re: ctxsys index problem [message #339933 is a reply to message #339909] Sat, 09 August 2008 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
What version of the database are you using?
Re: ctxsys index problem [message #340174 is a reply to message #339933] Mon, 11 August 2008 15:28 Go to previous message
fabianan

The version is 10.2.0.1.0

But I found the problem: I had to install Oracle Data Mining(ODM) before Oracle Text Instalation...

thanks a lot
Previous Topic: Oracle Text using Contains
Next Topic: Multi Language in Oracle Text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:48:59 CDT 2024