Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » expdp & impdp (11.2, Windows 2012 R2)
expdp & impdp [message #664803] Sat, 05 August 2017 06:42 Go to previous message
jkingqst
Hi All

I'm currently using version 11.2 and we are looking at testing v12.2. I have done an exdp using the following command

expdp username/password DIRECTORY=E_DataPump DUMPFILE=Export_Full.dmp LOGFILE=EXP_Export_Full.log FULL=Yes

We have installed v12.2 on the same server as 11.2 (its a test server not prod) obviously using a different dbhome_1 directory and when I created the new db instance I have used a different SID and location for the db files. Im no Oracle export and I'm having trouble with the impdp, the command I'm using is:

impdp username/password DIRECTORY=E_DataPump DUMPFILE=Export_Full.dmp LOGFILE=IMP_Import_Full.log FULL=Yes 

It seems to be failing on the impdp with access denied to creating the tablespaces. I have manually created the folder structure but the folder on the D drive is different (11.2 was in D:\Oradata and 12.2 is D:\Oradata_122) I tried using the remap_tablespaces using the full path that didn't something similar to

REMAP_TABLESPACE=D:\oradata\TEST\DATFILES:D:\oradata_122\TEST122\DATAFILES

So my question is how do I use impdp to recreate the instance like for like but the file system structure location is different.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Cheers, Jason

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message