Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Performance of Stored Programs (Oracle 12c , Linux)
Performance of Stored Programs [message #670829] Sun, 29 July 2018 07:20 Go to previous message
ninan
Hello All,

I have on question on Stored Programs. I am not an expert in the Oracle Stored Programs.

We have a Client-Server Application, where the Application is written in Java.

It is accessing Oracle database and firing Queries against the Oracle 12c Database.

It builds the Queries based on different conditions and fires queries against the specific Oracle Database tables.

At database side it does not have any Stored Programs which the Application is using.

There is lot of performance issues in the Application and one of the Architects suggested to shift all the Database queries in the Application to a Stored Database program, according to him this can improve performance.

I am not very sure how it will help improve performance given the below facts.

1. The Procedure has to be called same number of times as the Queries are fired from the Application

Can anyone please advise if this idea to move the Queries from Application to a Database Stored Program is a good idea indeed and why?.

How it helps to improve the performance ?

What is the difference between reading the data directly via Queries and Stored DB Programs as the only difference now going to happen is that the Queries will reside inside the Database Stored Programs instead of the Application.

Thanks,

Ninan

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: return top 10 records based on dynamic count of prev records results
Next Topic: OR clause degrades performance of a query?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:18:43 CDT 2024