Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Strange Issue in executing procedure (Oracle 11g)
Strange Issue in executing procedure [message #671121] Wed, 15 August 2018 20:55 Go to previous message
manikandan23
Hi, I have 2 Schema owners on the same DB.

ZVIA is one owner and under this there is a procedure that has a text as

procedure ETL_TRUNC
as
begin
execute immediate 'TRUNCATE TABLE ZVIA.LOST_IMEI';
end;

The second user in the same DB is called as ZBPAPP and this user has to execute the above procedure from a 3rd party ETL Tool.

Our DBA has provided Execute permission for ZBPAPP user for the above procedure.

I could execute the procedure by issuing the following statement when logged from the user ID ZBPAPP in Toad.

exec ZVIA.ETL_TRUNC; (I tried execute ZVIA.ETL_TRUNC; as well)

But when I execute the same from ETL Tool (using ZBPAPP DB User ID), it errors with Invalid SQL Statement error.

On the otherway, When I execute the same procedure from ETL Tool (using ZVIA DB User ID), it executes fine.
My DBA says, he gave execute procedure permission to ZBPAPP User to execute the above procedure.
But it errors out when executed using ZBPAPP User ID.

Can you please tell me what could be the issue here?

In the ETL Tool that I use, For the specific DB User ID, there is a browser button that brings all the procedures under that user. Since the above procedure is not created under that connected user (but has execute previledge on that though), it is still not coming under that connection.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
M

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message