Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report across/down, repeating header across (Windows 7, Oracle 11G)
Report across/down, repeating header across [message #632621] Tue, 03 February 2015 13:05 Go to next message
nait1234
I am modifying a report that formerly printed down to print across then down now, so that it prints two columns worth of the data on one page. I managed to figure that all out and it's working great, however I have a header section that is just text columns and that only shows once per page. I'd like it to repeat horizontally across the page like the data of the report does, however because it's outside of the repeating group that the data belongs to, it is only printing once. Is there a way to do this?
Here's how things look in my Main Section:

Frame 1
	Repeating Group 1...
		Frame 2
			header columns here...
		Frame 3
			Repeatting group 2... (I set the Print Direction to Across/Down on this)
				report data that gets spread across

Here's how things look on the report:

FirstName          LastName           Initial
John               Smith              P                Greg               Bluth              G
Darrell            Washington         D                Terry              Tate               K

I want it to look like:

FirstName          LastName           Initial          FirstName          LastName           Initial
John               Smith              P                Greg               Bluth              G
Darrell            Washington         D                Terry              Tate               K

Is there an easy way to do this? Or do I have to copy/paste the header columns and guesstimate where they should go? This is a pretty ugly way to do it because in reality, my report has about 15-20 columns, and if anything is ever added, it will be a bit of a maintenance nightmare.

Ideas?

Thanks
Re: Report across/down, repeating header across [message #632639 is a reply to message #632621] Tue, 03 February 2015 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Copy/paste is the way I do it. There's not that much guessing; group the whole heading (select & <Ctrl + G>, turn off snap to grid in the View menu and gently nudge the whole group right or left.
Re: Report across/down, repeating header across [message #632650 is a reply to message #632639] Tue, 03 February 2015 15:33 Go to previous message
nait1234
oh, thanks. Maybe snap to grid was messing me up, but I tried a few times to do what you suggested and it just hung Oracle Reports everytime I pasted. I'll give it a go, but either way, that confirms what I was suspecting.. basically repeat my header manually. Thanks!!
Previous Topic: Align Graph
Next Topic: Matrix with group report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:57:21 CDT 2024