Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » setting vertical elasticity overlapping on lines below it (Oracle Reports 6i)
setting vertical elasticity overlapping on lines below it [message #664367] Wed, 12 July 2017 15:13 Go to next message
rkhatiwala
Hello,

I have a report which has 2 pages.There is a repeating frame on page 1 which was originally set for 6 rows. Now it can have upto 25 rows, or sometimes even 0 rows. Modified my query for that repeating frame to get max of 25 rows. Set the 'Max Records per page' for the repeating frame to 25, set the Vertical Elasticity of the repeating frame to Expand/variable. But still the rows are overlapping on the text beneath the repeating frame. The lines below should move down, so the 1st page of the report consists of 2 pages, and the 2nd page is unaffected, becomes 3rd page.

Please advise on how to add the vertical elasticity to this repeating frame, and not mess up the layout?

Thanks
Re: setting vertical elasticity overlapping on lines below it [message #664368 is a reply to message #664367] Thu, 13 July 2017 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Try to put fields (i.e. "the text beneath the repeating frame") into its own frame.
Re: setting vertical elasticity overlapping on lines below it [message #664380 is a reply to message #664368] Fri, 14 July 2017 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rkhatiwala
Thanks. Putting the standard frame around the objects below the repeating frame, and anchoring these, worked fine, but now the objects in the standard frames are not staying in the frame, and overlapping on the repeating frame.i also increased the height in 'Parameter Form Window' of the report property.

Thanks again.
Re: setting vertical elasticity overlapping on lines below it [message #664382 is a reply to message #664380] Fri, 14 July 2017 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rkhatiwala
I have one main repeating frame R1.
Under that two frames M1, M2.
M1 has one repeating frame RG.

All of these has 'Vertical Elasticity' as variable. so if RG has more rows, should not the outer frames - M1, R1 be expanded by itself,and M2 pushed down?

thanks.
Re: setting vertical elasticity overlapping on lines below it [message #664409 is a reply to message #664382] Sat, 15 July 2017 08:20 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Yes, they should (at least, I'd expect them to be).

If frames' border lines are set so that they "touch" each other, try to move them apart, so that you can clearly see each frame by itself (i.e. so that they don't "touch" each other). In order to see it clearly, paint them into different colors. Doesn't matter if the report looks like a parrot, as long as it helps distinguishing one frame from another. You'd clear those colors once/if you make the report work as expected. Sometimes Reports behaves strange, and pushing a frame "down" just a little bit improves the final, runtime layout.
Previous Topic: Make a field height as the one in the report
Next Topic: Join, one item with many
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:01:14 CDT 2024