Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » Urgent help needed in an hour (Oracle 10 G Apex 3.0)
Urgent help needed in an hour [message #310691] Wed, 02 April 2008 01:46 Go to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
hi

I have installed BI in new PC for testing purpose.
This require Java runtime environment installation.
The new PC located in village where no net connectivity
is there.
Is there any possible to send Java run connectivity through
CD. I do not find any means to store the exe to send it
through some cd media.

I am confident to bring the CPU to internet connectivity location
to download from sun. Before bringing to this i want to explore the possibility of other means.

can anyone can help me?

Advance thanks from
dr.s.raghunathan
Re: Urgent help needed in an hour [message #310805 is a reply to message #310691] Wed, 02 April 2008 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Unless something drastically changed (and I didn't know it), this is still a forum. It has its rules (as described in OraFAQ Forum Guide). If something is "urgent", forum definitelly is not the right place to solve it. People answer questions when they have time and some good will (and, of course, knowledge). As of your question, I lack in 2 of 3 of these (so, no answer from me, sorry).

However, I can't quite understand what's so "urgent" in establishing a "testing environment".
Re: Urgent help needed in an hour [message #311585 is a reply to message #310805] Fri, 04 April 2008 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
hi,

sometimes people can not be honest to reveal the real
urgent need, hence people use to say "academic purpose",
"testing" etc.

On reading the messages available in community hangout of
littlefoot earlier messages and reading through Forum rules,
i found that nothing prevents asking any urgent help. Urgency
can be decided by the forum member only. Question is posted for
any one of the member and specifically not mentioned to one.

yours

dr.s.raghunathan

Re: Urgent help needed in an hour [message #311620 is a reply to message #311585] Sat, 05 April 2008 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, I'd understand that a member of academic community needs "urgent" help; people (students, I mean) tend to do things when deadline is knocking on the door. "Testing" and "urgent" simply don't go together (in my opinion).

True, it is you who knows whether something is urgent or not. For you (as a person who asks a question), it certainly is. For me (as a person who might answer it), it certainly isn't. A forum is a great source of knowledge, but you simply can not and must not rely on someone's good will, mood, time of the day (your "urgent" question may be asked when the other half of the world is sleeping) and similar circumstances. Urgent problems require urgent solutions, and - if you have them - contact Oracle Support.

I'm sorry, but I still can not help you. Just being curious: did you manage to solve the problem? If you did, would you mind to share the solution?
Re: Urgent help needed in an hour [message #311634 is a reply to message #311620] Sat, 05 April 2008 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
hi

thank you very much for your response. Problem has been solved
from sun java website itself as offline installation. I am
writing this from my office hence i do not remember the website.

i will try to post the site very soon.

yours affectionately
dr.s.raghunathan
Re: Urgent help needed in an hour [message #312509 is a reply to message #311634] Wed, 09 April 2008 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Can't resist to backup LF here.

In a similar conversation about urgency and forums, I once saw an excellent reply (hope I remembered the words correctly):

"how does a lack of planning on your part constitute any urgency on my part?"
Re: Urgent help needed in an hour [message #312512 is a reply to message #312509] Wed, 09 April 2008 01:50 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, if you read it on OraFAQ Forum, I'd put a fair amount of money to one of members (as there's a good chance of winning) Razz
Previous Topic: Looking for the best Oracle Business Intelligence app
Next Topic: Replication Process and Impact on EUL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:31:06 CDT 2024