Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » DBMS_TCP and DBMS_SMTP packages
DBMS_TCP and DBMS_SMTP packages [message #35626] Tue, 02 October 2001 07:07 Go to next message
Inayat
Could anyone please tell me if I need to run any catalogue script to set up the packages DBMS_TCP and DBMS_SMTP ?

I have Oracle 8i installed, but when querying the DBA_OBJECTS, I don't see the above two packages listed!

Please help me as this requirement is urgent. Thanks,

Inayat

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: DBMS_TCP and DBMS_SMTP packages [message #35632 is a reply to message #35626] Tue, 02 October 2001 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suresh Vemulapalli
there are no such packages available in oracle. I think you were asking about utl_tcp,utl_smtp packages. query DB for these packages.

SURESH

ask dba to install Jserver option in oracle8i [message #35666 is a reply to message #35626] Thu, 04 October 2001 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
I had the same problem before and it has been solved. The reason is that the utl_xxx packages rely on the JServer option of oracle8i, ask ur DBAs to install this option, then all the required java class will load into database.
Good luck,

Re: ask dba to install Jserver option in oracle8i [message #35668 is a reply to message #35666] Thu, 04 October 2001 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Inayat
Dear Frank:

The JServer option is already installed and yet I get the same error.

ORA-29540: class oracle/plsql/net/TCPConnection does not exist

I queried for the presence of the utl_smtp and utl_tcp packages from the SQL prompt and they are there! I could also 'describe' them meaning I have execute privileges on it as a user, and not privileges through a role. Please suggest me if I still need to reinstall Oracle with the JServer option or do you have any other idea?

Thanks and regards

Inayat

Try this [message #35670 is a reply to message #35668] Thu, 04 October 2001 16:19 Go to previous message
Frank
Run ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/initplsj.sql as SYS
or
loadjava -user sys/*** $ORACLE_HOME/plsql/jlib/plsql.jar

If u use oracle universal installer's default option, it will install the JServer for u while u install oracle8i.

For further information, u may check OTN online document about how to install JServer.

good luck

Previous Topic: need an answer from experts
Next Topic: sql-pl/sql help needed urgent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:01:47 CDT 2024