Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » Performance issue using OLE DB, need alternatives (Win XP)
Performance issue using OLE DB, need alternatives [message #356647] Fri, 31 October 2008 13:25
Behn26
The software i'm working on exports a lot of data all in one shot. We need to support a save to oracle, and it needs to have good performance. We are currently using ADO (not ADO.NET) to access the OLEDB provider. We see an approx. 600% decrease in performance exporting to oracle as compared to our saves to access. The server is local so it isn't network latency. System resources

I need to find some alternatives. OCI is one option we are looking at. External tables is out because it's pretty much off the shelf software, and most dba's would grant our users access to put files on their servers. We also need to save blobs, and are using unicode which limits some of the providers we can use. Also under consideration are OO4O, OTL, and OLEDB (directly, not via ADO).

Also our program is populating the database by creating and filling recordsets then calling a batch update on the database.

Any suggestions welcome. If something is unclear, please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Behn
Previous Topic: Interfacing with UPS WorldShip
Next Topic: Php-Oracle pooling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:31:17 CDT 2024