Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » HELP! Compatibility problem?
HELP! Compatibility problem? [message #36657] Mon, 10 December 2001 09:00 Go to next message
Nicola Farina
Hi all
I have a package which works fine in Oracle 7.3.4
Installed under 8.1.7 it gaves me this error:
ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error ORA-21615 copy of an OTS (named or simple) instance failed ORA-21614: constraint violation for attribute number[[5]] at...
(sorry for the length)
The line referenced by the erro is a simple assignment
ArrRecord(i) := RecDataCar;

where ArrRecord is a PL/SQL Table which I fill with a cursor for loop. RecDataCar is the record in which I fetch the cursor. I don't see anything wrong here...
Does anyone have any idea?? Thank you very (VERY) much
Bye
Nicola

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: HELP! Compatibility problem? [message #36659 is a reply to message #36657] Mon, 10 December 2001 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suresh Vemulapalli
i think it is not version problem. it is mostly data related problem. Check datatype and datalength of column in new database and pl/sql table column datatype and datalength.

Re: HELP! Compatibility problem? [message #36664 is a reply to message #36659] Tue, 11 December 2001 00:38 Go to previous message
Nicola Farina
Well, after some "investigation", I find the cause: a null value. The table structure are the same, and all of the fields involved are nullable. I fixed this checking for null value and forcing a non null value in the record before inserting it in the PL Table.
The data type in the record are bounded (%type) to the corresponding table fields.
It seems as, in 8.1.7, the "size of NULL" was changed ?? Is it possible?
Thanks for your answer
Bye
Nicola

Previous Topic: how to pass date in sp as parameter
Next Topic: Problem with a trigger,help!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:34:33 CDT 2024