Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Diff. of Function and Procedures
Diff. of Function and Procedures [message #36792] Thu, 20 December 2001 18:54 Go to next message
kothari Alpesh
I knew the basic diff. of the procedure and function is that the function will give return (single) value and procedure dosent give any value return back but make some process on the input data. but still i want to further clear to my self what is the diff between procedure and Function??

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Diff. of Function and Procedures [message #36795 is a reply to message #36792] Fri, 21 December 2001 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phenoracle
Hi,

You have got the basic diffs.between a function and a proceudre, but there are ways to get a function to return more than one (single) value.

Have fun

Phenom

Re: Diff. of Function and Procedures [message #36810 is a reply to message #36792] Sun, 23 December 2001 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nirmal TS
the diff between a function and a procedure i feel is, a function name will return a value in its place where as a procedure does not.

Re: Diff. of Function and Procedures [message #36831 is a reply to message #36792] Mon, 24 December 2001 20:43 Go to previous message
Parul Nagri
Please give me at least 4 differences between them .

Previous Topic: Re: PL/SQL tables
Next Topic: Re: dynamic pl/sql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:58:31 CDT 2024