Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Import/Export & disabling constraints
Import/Export & disabling constraints [message #365463] Mon, 22 June 1998 14:59 Go to next message
Jana Reeves Badham
Prior to doing a table export I disable all constraints
associated with the table. When I tried to drop
the table prior to importing I recieved the error
"Drop Table Failed Because of unique/foreign key".

How would I get around this problem??
Re: Import/Export & disabling constraints [message #365465 is a reply to message #365463] Tue, 23 June 1998 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sarvesh
I think, you have to drop the constraints before dropping the table. I think you can export the tables with INDEX=N and CONSTRAINTS=N options without even disabling/dropping constraints.
Re: Import/Export & disabling constraints [message #365466 is a reply to message #365463] Tue, 23 June 1998 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom
It sounds like you know how to list the constraints by type/owner/table. I will assume that you are trying to reduce the number of extents in some tables. No other schema's refer to the tables that you are going to rebuild.

1. Know how to recreate the user you are going to drop. List the defaults including security and tablespaces.
2. Do a full database export.
3. Drop and recreate the user.
4. add data files.
5. import user. might take 2 passes.

This will re-build all the triggers / precedures / constraints / packages. rel 7.3.3

Check out export/import in the dba handbook for parms. I was told that there is a disable all user constraint command. but I haven't used it.

I try to time this kind of work just after a backup. just incase.
Re: Import/Export & disabling constraints [message #365468 is a reply to message #365465] Tue, 23 June 1998 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jana Reeves Badham
Thanks for the response. If I drop the constraints
before exporting the tables ( I have 3 tables to
export/import)I have to recreate the constraints
after the import..right?? Is there an easy way
to do this or do you create each constraint
individually???
Re: Import/Export & disabling constraints [message #365470 is a reply to message #365468] Wed, 24 June 1998 09:54 Go to previous message
Sarvesh
You have to create constraints individually.
Previous Topic: Incremental/Patial database export and import
Next Topic: simple sql loader question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:59:07 CDT 2024