Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » simple sql loader question
simple sql loader question [message #365516] Tue, 01 September 1998 10:07 Go to next message
Kevin Rose
Heres my problem: (by example)

I have the sequence 5678 in a flatfile. However this really represents 567.8 in reality and in the database i am creating. Can anyone tell me the statement to use with sql loader to load this correctly ?

Thanks ! :)
Re: simple sql loader question [message #365518 is a reply to message #365516] Tue, 01 September 1998 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steven Olson
when you define the field in the parfile use:
fieldname ZONED(4,1)

this should break the string into a field of 4 numbers with a precision of 1
hope this helps
SteveO
Re: simple sql loader question [message #365519 is a reply to message #365518] Wed, 02 September 1998 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Rose
But how can I handle if the field doesn't contain a value. In the SQL table definition this field is optional.

I am getting a Error message: "Invalid zoned decimal nibble."

How can I handle cases where this field has no value in which i still want to load the rest of the data on that record.
Re: simple sql loader question [message #365520 is a reply to message #365519] Wed, 02 September 1998 11:16 Go to previous message
Steven Olson
The SQL*Loader-641 error message generally means that the control file specifications do not match the datafile. Look in your logfile and see where the column sizes start to fail. My experience is that SQL*Loader will insert a null value without any problems, but if the columns are incorrect in the controlfile the result will be a load failure.
Also, the Oracle Server Utility Users Guide is a great reference for SQL*Loader. You should have a copy in HTML format on the install CD.
Good Luck!
SteveO
Previous Topic: Import/Export & disabling constraints
Next Topic: Import Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:00:01 CDT 2024