Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Algorithm of similar text search with a percentage like result
Algorithm of similar text search with a percentage like result [message #37215] Thu, 24 January 2002 15:52 Go to next message
Joan Padilla i Salom
Hello, I must make one practice for my studies that makes me crazy.

I must make a text search by similarity of pattern within different texts, the result must be the similarity percentage that presents/displays each text, for example what shows to the function of search of the WWW www.oracle.com. Well, somebody knows where I can find the algorithm that allows me to do it?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Algorithm of similar text search with a percentage like result [message #37225 is a reply to message #37215] Fri, 25 January 2002 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pratap kumar tripathy
Hi

can clarify following

what u want to search ?
where the text is stored ?
How u calculate percentage ?
x/y*100 what is "x" and what is "y".

cheers
pratap
Explanation of the question [message #37226 is a reply to message #37215] Fri, 25 January 2002 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joan Padilla i Salom
Very simple,

1. The text to look for is a word which we wished to look for in the differents tittles and summaries of books.

2. The tittles and summaries of each book are stored in a table in varchar2 that is where we must do the search.

3. The percentage not like calculating it since what I want to do it is a function of search like the one of www.oracle.com where these shows percentage of coincidence of the word and its web pages.

Thanx.
Re: Explanation of the question [message #37229 is a reply to message #37215] Fri, 25 January 2002 03:23 Go to previous message
pratap kumar tripathy
send me the table structue .. i will try
Previous Topic: displaying a column value in a row separated by commas
Next Topic: Selecting records in chunks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:15:31 CDT 2024