Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » a problem about oracle error ora-06508
a problem about oracle error ora-06508 [message #37238] Fri, 25 January 2002 16:49 Go to next message
acutero
Hi,
i have a store procedure to calculate some relative data. in this procedure,i used DBMS_SQL package to process dynamic sql,such as create view dynamically, and execute dynamical sql on this view. i compile and debug it successfully. So, i used my application to call it in a loop...while circle, this circle passed dynamic sql's parameters to the procedure and the procedure bind this parameters to dynamic sql's variable , if the circle times is less than 500 times , the procedure executed normally,but if the circle's counter is more than 500 times, i experienced such oracle errors, ora-04031: unable to allocate 4096 bytes of shared memory
ora-06508: can not found program unit being called
how can i do to solve this errors???
Re: a problem about oracle error ora-06508 [message #37251 is a reply to message #37238] Sun, 27 January 2002 23:38 Go to previous message
pratap kumar tripathy
Hi,

Either use the DBMS_SHARED_POOL package to pin large packages, reduce your use of shared memory, or increase the amount of available shared memory by increasing the value set for the SHARED_POOL_SIZE initialization parameter.

Hope it helps!!!
cheers
pratap
Previous Topic: oracle osuser name
Next Topic: utl_smtp mail problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:27:05 CDT 2024