Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Direct Path Homogeneity Error
Direct Path Homogeneity Error [message #367999] Thu, 16 September 1999 08:56 Go to next message
Robert Northrop
I am using Oracle Client 8.0 to remotely access and Oracle Server (also version 8.0) and attempting to do anupdate with SQL Loader. When I try to use the direct=true option I get this error message:

Error checking path homogeneity.
ORA-02352: Direct path connection must be homogenius.

The loading works fine without the direct option set to true, but I would like to use the direct option for improved performance. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Re: Direct Path Homogeneity Error [message #368000 is a reply to message #367999] Fri, 17 September 1999 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Venu
Robert,

First, try the following :-

Try adding An additional parameter for the direct path parallel load, PARALLEL=TRUE and Global indexes should be dropped before engaging in the direct path parallel load.

If it still does not work, try the following :-
In the init.ora file, set the following,
mts_servers=0
mts_multiple_listener=FALSE
Basically negate all the parameters that start with MTS (Multi Threaded Server). Shutdown and restart the database then retry SQL*Loader.

Regards.
Venu
Re: Direct Path Homogeneity Error [message #368005 is a reply to message #367999] Mon, 27 September 1999 11:01 Go to previous message
m a sivan
Actually this error comes when u are using some different APIs etc. which Oracle server is not able to recognise or for that matter some O/S or hardware etc. which is not compatible for direct LOAD. try to use different ORACLE ODBC drivers etc.. and try to run the same thing from the SERVER if possible ( dont use any client run from soem node on UNIX server itself. ) I feel that u may not get that problem..

Do revert back...
Previous Topic: How to load in number to number with a decimal point
Next Topic: export generated error --- Oracle 904
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:08:12 CDT 2024