Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » change network configurations after installing db & dev suite (oracle db 10.2.0,dev suite 10.1.0.4.2,windows xp professional)
icon6.gif  change network configurations after installing db & dev suite [message #377175] Sun, 21 December 2008 05:41 Go to next message
merhanatef
after installing database & dev suite , once a new network card is installed & the connection is enabled , i'm not able to run reports with the following error:
rep501-Unable to connect to the specified database.
what can i do to change the network configuration after installation?
Re: change network configurations after installing db & dev suite [message #377181 is a reply to message #377175] Sun, 21 December 2008 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Well, have you done at least some basic troubleshooting? Can you ping the db server? Is the listener running? Can you tnsping the database? Can you connect with any other product (like sqlplus)? Etc.
Re: change network configurations after installing db & dev suite [message #377182 is a reply to message #377175] Sun, 21 December 2008 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merhanatef
thank you for replying..
i can ping the database , all the net services in the tnsnames.ora are working fine when tested ,the listener is up ,i can start sqlplus ,i start my application as well, the only problem is with the reports
Re: change network configurations after installing db & dev suite [message #377194 is a reply to message #377182] Sun, 21 December 2008 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'd say that SQL*Plus uses TNSNAMES.ORA which belongs to ORACLE_DATABASE_HOME\NETWORK\ADMIN directory; on the other hand, Reports use its own ORACLE_DEVELOPER_SUITE_HOME\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA which does not contain alias of the database you'd like to connect to.

There've been many discussions about the issue; you might search for them here or on the Internet. However, perhaps you'd be interested in using the TNS_ADMIN environment variable. If so, check this recent OraFAQ Forum topic.

If you still have problems, I guess we'll hear from you soon.
Re: change network configurations after installing db & dev suite [message #380297 is a reply to message #377194] Sat, 10 January 2009 05:13 Go to previous message
merhanatef
problem solved,thank you very much
Previous Topic: server clause in tnsnames.ora file
Next Topic: newbie:trace file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:48:48 CDT 2024