Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » application server problem (10.1.2.0.2)
application server problem [message #388833] Thu, 26 February 2009 06:10 Go to next message
nasir_mughal
Hi

I have installed application server 10.1.2.0.2, it was working perfectly in our Local Intranet.

I have recently purchase real IP for application server and insalled another lan card to access my application server remotely on web as well. Now there are two lan card in my application server one for Intranet and other for web.

But my application server has stopped working. I am not been able to access my application in my intranet and on web as well.

Do i need to reinstall application server.?

Kindly help me.

Thanks in advance

[Updated on: Thu, 26 February 2009 06:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: application server problem [message #388998 is a reply to message #388833] Thu, 26 February 2009 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirfkashif
Quote:
insalled another lan card to access my application server remotely
?

I also did something like that, in my case i had only NIC card and when we bought static ip we bind that static ip with local ip with which application server was installed and after that we accessed application with

http://static-ip:7778/forms/frmservlet?config=live

Hope this help if not ask again

Regards,
Kashif

Re: application server problem [message #388999 is a reply to message #388833] Thu, 26 February 2009 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirfkashif
Quote:
insalled another lan card to access my application server remotely on web

Did't you have lan card when you installed application server? as you have to bind the local ip with which the application server was installed to static ip and then you will access the application from web with

http://static-ip:7778/forms/frmservlet?config=live

Hope this work if not ask again

Regards,
Kashif
Re: application server problem [message #389000 is a reply to message #388833] Thu, 26 February 2009 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirfkashif
sorry for above as my session was expired and even then my post was posted.wow
Re: application server problem [message #389105 is a reply to message #389000] Fri, 27 February 2009 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nasir_mughal
Thanks kashif bhai for replying. I was going through oracle application server installation guide, it says to install "Loop Back Adaptor" on machines with multi IP addresses ( multi Network Adaptor).

So, I installed Loop Back Adaptor on application server. Now when i run application it gives error "No-response from web server".

Kindly help me. Should i reinstall applcation server.?

one more thing, In my case there will be 30 users accessing the application from the web so please tell me what is the the hardware requirement for application server under such situation.?

which type of machine you are using for your application server?
i mean
machine brand=?
Processor=?
Ram=?

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 February 2009 05:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: application server problem [message #389265 is a reply to message #388833] Fri, 27 February 2009 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirfkashif
you did't mention about operating system, if it is windows based then on command prompt type

C:\oracle_home\opmn\bin\opmnctl @farm status

what do you see?

From web do you mean internet or intranet?

Our database is dedicated for this application so we needed only one ip, so can't tell you about multiple ip address problem.

Our Application is accessed by maximum 15 user and we have

HP ML350 G5 with 2 quad core processors and 8GB Ram.

Regards,
Kashif
Re: application server problem [message #389538 is a reply to message #389265] Mon, 02 March 2009 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nasir_mughal
Kashif Bhai, I like to run my application in our Local intranet and on the internet as well.
And for that i want to take an advice from you, if you could send me your contact at "mnasir_mugal@yahoo.com" please.

Thanks in advance.

Re: application server problem [message #389662 is a reply to message #388833] Tue, 03 March 2009 01:04 Go to previous message
sirfkashif
on my last job i deployed application on intranet using Application server and currently i am working where the application is accessed via internet so still have't worked on both intranet and internet scenario.

my e-mail id is kashif.ali786@hotmail.com, contact me on that

Regards,
Kashif
Previous Topic: Urgent..Which version of application is suitable for VISTA
Next Topic: IAS migration from 9i to 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:05:15 CDT 2024