Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Alert Manager Responsibility (r12)
Alert Manager Responsibility [message #413103] Tue, 14 July 2009 06:48 Go to next message
monikabhakuni
Hi All,

Can anybody give me any idea that Alert Manager responsibility As this is t he first time i will be using it. As my requirement is that before confirmation i.e. one month before the end of probation period a mail should go to the manager of that employee regarding his confirmation in the organization after a month.

Thanks in Advance,
Monika
Re: Alert Manager Responsibility [message #413151 is a reply to message #413103] Tue, 14 July 2009 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SSGKK
Hi,

I don't have much knowledge about HRMS datamodal. But the idea/logic of implementing your requirement is to create a periodic event that should execute either 1st day or last day of every month. This event should identify all employees, and their managers, whose confirmation is due the current month. Then define an action to send mail to the manager.
Ideally, from the Alert Manager responsibility, define alert
1. Enter application, Alert Name, frequecy (On Day of the Month), days (1 - if you want to event to execute on 1st of every month; 31 - if you want the event to execute on last day of every month), start time (00:00)
2. Enter the select statement which will identify the employee and their manager, whose confirmation is due, like this
select employee, manager, manager_email
into &emp, &manager, &manager_email
from <Tables>
where <conditions>
3. Save.
4. Click action, to define actions. Enter action name (any descriptive name).
5. Click Action Details, to define the action details.
6. Choose Action type as Message.
7. Enter To as &manager_email
8. Enter a subject.
9. On the Text field, enter the Text that should be mailed to the manager. E.g; "Confirmation is due for following employees this month".
=**= Enter summary template below this line =**=

&emp

=**= Enter summary template above this line =**=

Regards
-S-

PS: Steps mentioned above are applicable for 11i

[Updated on: Tue, 14 July 2009 11:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Alert Manager Responsibility [message #413239 is a reply to message #413151] Tue, 14 July 2009 23:19 Go to previous message
monikabhakuni
Thanks a lot. I got some idea that how i have to proceed
Previous Topic: LOV personalization problem
Next Topic: Implementing only financials
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 03 09:54:44 CDT 2024