Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » which files to delete in Oracle Apps to free up the space (Oracle Apps 11.5.10.2 , RDBMS Oracle 9.2.0.5 on RH Linux ES4)
which files to delete in Oracle Apps to free up the space [message #421936] Fri, 11 September 2009 23:31 Go to next message
laksha
Hello Experts,

We run Oracle Apps in multinode mode(1.FORMS 2. CM+REPORT).

As a part of a dialy maintanance i run the report "Purge Concurrent Request and/or Manager Data" (Parameters: REQUEST.Age.7.........Yes.Yes). I believe that this deletes the logs which are older than 7 day.

My filesystem size is increasing and the curent situation on the server is

Size Used Avail Use%
41G 35G 3.4G 92% /prod_apps
39G 33G 3.8G 90% /applprod

find $APPLCSF/$APPLLOG -mtime +7 -name "*.req" -exec rm "{}" ";"
find $APPLCSF/$APPLOUT -mtime +7 -name "*.out" -exec rm "{}" ";"
find $APPLCSF/$APPLLOG -mtime +7 -name "*.log" -exec rm "{}" ";"
find $APPLCSF/$APPLLOG -mtime +7 -name "*.mgr" -exec rm "{}" ";"
find $APPLCSF/$APPLLOG -mtime +7 -name "f60webmx*" -exec rm "{}" ";"
find $APPLCSF/$APPLLOG -mtime +7 -name "*.rti" -exec rm "{}" ";"

Also i use these commands sometimes but i believe this is already done by the report "Purge Concurrent Request and/or Manager Data".

I want to know which other files can i delete on regular basis to free up the $APPL_TOP space.

Re: which files to delete in Oracle Apps to free up the space [message #422039 is a reply to message #421936] Mon, 14 September 2009 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
laksha
Can anyone comment please.
Re: which files to delete in Oracle Apps to free up the space [message #425573 is a reply to message #422039] Fri, 09 October 2009 12:50 Go to previous message
rklemm
While I do not know if this data is in $APPL_TOP space it is recommended to run the purge obsolete workflow runtime data. This can take up A LOT of space.
Previous Topic: How to restrict a folder to only few responisibilitys?
Next Topic: Item Reservation in Oracle Inventory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 00:57:01 CDT 2024