Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Oracle Enterprise Manager NOT showing correct status (OEM 10.2.0.5, OEM on Windows Server, DBs on HP-UX)
Oracle Enterprise Manager NOT showing correct status [message #441679] Tue, 02 February 2010 10:40
Ricky_1362002
Hello there...

I am using the 10.2.0.5 OEM Grid Control to monitor the databases Oracle 10.2.0.3 and 10.2.0.4

We recently upgraded the Oracle 10.2.0.3 to Oracle 10.2.0.4, and since then we are having problems with the OEM Grid Control.

When i click a database on the Grid Control it shows that "The instance is down, and health check reported: Instance Shutdown."
But the instance is well up and running.

When i click "The instance is down, and health check reported: Instance Shutdown.", it takes me to another page where it shows the cause: This alert does not reflect the current state of the metric. There is an error collecting this metric. Click this message to see details.

And when i click the above message, it shows the actual details:

Target		        PROD.world
Type		        Database Instance
Metric		        Health Check
Collection Timestamp	Jan 30, 2010 4:20:56 PM
Error Type		Collection Failure
Message		        Instance Health Check initialization failed due to one of the following causes: the owner of the EM agent process is not same as the owner of the Oracle instance processes; the owner of the EM agent process is not part of the dba group; or the database version is not 10g (10.1.0.2) and above.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
Munna
Previous Topic: OEM not showing Explain Plan
Next Topic: Oracle Enterprise Manager Communication Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:38:43 CDT 2024