Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » How does ABC Compile Criterion: Historical Usage Value (Oracle Inventory 12.0.4)
How does ABC Compile Criterion: Historical Usage Value [message #492641] Tue, 01 February 2011 09:44 Go to next message
Angali
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping that there is someone out there that can assit me with this query.

We are implementing Cycle Count with Automatic Scheduling using the ABC Compile Criterion Historical Usage Value. When checking the ABC Descending Value Report, it was noted that the compiled qauntity column does reflect actual usage of the item.

Our understanding of usage are issues (Move Order Issues) that were carried out on the item. For example:
Item X
Current QOH: 100
Total Issues: 20

Therefore, usage for that item is 20. However, based on our analysis, the ABC Compile Criterion Historical Usage Value interprets usage for this item as 120 and not 20.

Hence, my question is how does this compile criterion works? Isn't an items's usage exactly what it is, that is, what was used/issued, that is Move Order Issue, what is issued out of the sub-inventory/inventory?

Awaiting a reply.

Thanks.

Regards,
Gittangali

[MERGED by LF]

[Updated on: Tue, 01 February 2011 12:51] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

How does ABC Compile Criterion: Historical Usage Value works? [message #492643 is a reply to message #492641] Tue, 01 February 2011 10:17 Go to previous message
Angali
Hi Everyone,

We were implementing Cycle Count with Automatic Scheduling using the ABC Compile Criterion Historical Usage Value. When checking the ABC Descending Value Report, it was noted that the compile quantity column does not calculate the actual usage.

That is, our understanding of usage, is that when an item is used/issue (Move Order Issue) out it is 'usage'

For example:
Item X:
Quantity brought in: 100
Quantity Issue to date: 20

Therefore, the quantity used is 20. However, based on Analysis of the ABC Descending Value Report with the ABC Compile Criterion: Historical Usage Value it was found that Oracle usage for this item is 120.

My question therefore is, how does the Historical Usage Value criterion works/caculated?

Any insight provided will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,
Gittangali
Previous Topic: How to Update Subinventory Information in Delivery Details Table
Next Topic: R12 Interface Table to load data from Third Party Payroll Software
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:07:30 CDT 2024