Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Leders, Subledger and Period Close in R12
Leders, Subledger and Period Close in R12 [message #500238] Fri, 18 March 2011 09:42 Go to next message
garylythgoe
It is my understanding that if you use 2 Ledgers in a Ledger Set, you can close the 2 Ledgers at the same time by using the Ledger Set functionality.

My question is, if you have 2 seperate operating units attached to each ledger i.e Ledger 1 has Operating Unit 1, and Ledger 2 has Operating Unit 2, and both Ledgers are in a Ledger Set called LedgerSetX.

Can you close both the Payables periods for Operating Unit 1 and Operating Unit 2 at the same time using the Ledger Set functionality?

I hope you understand what i mean.

Regards,
Gary
Re: Leders, Subledger and Period Close in R12 [message #501075 is a reply to message #500238] Fri, 25 March 2011 11:23 Go to previous message
hasan2000
Payables periods are managed in Payables and they are tied to the operating units, not to the ledgers.

The ledger set will let you close GL periods in more than one ledgers in one go. You need to connect through a responsibility that has a full access on the ledger on all BSVs. Ledger sets will not let you control your Payables periods.

For step by step training on Oracle Financials please visit handsonerp.com

Regards
Previous Topic: How Should I implement Multi Org Structure with 2 SOB for India and USA?
Next Topic: Installing Oracle R12 on Oracle enterprise Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:08:39 CDT 2024