Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Error encountered when save SIT (Special Information Type) data (Oracle HRMS 12.1.1)
Error encountered when save SIT (Special Information Type) data [message #511308] Sat, 11 June 2011 03:27 Go to next message
chiafook
I have a 3 parameters which consist of 1) Acting/Charge Allowance, 2) Date, 3) Acting Grade.

1st parameter consist for 2 LOV, 1) Acting/Charge Allowance --> 'Acting' and 'Charge'.
2nd parameter is a date format. 2) Date
3rd parameter consist of lists of grades available. 3) Acting Grade.

There is a validation where if I choose 1st parameter as 'Acting', then my 3rd parameter will be a mandatory field which is 'Acting Grade'.
Also, if I choose 1st parameter as 'Charge', then my 3rd parameter will be greyed out(disabled).

Problems description:
- Now for the 1st case where I choosed my 1st parameter as 'Acting', there is no issue wheres 3rd parameter is became mandatory(required) 'Acting Grade'.
Issue:
- When the 1st parameter is choosen as 'Charge', the 3rd parameter bcame grey out(disabled) which met the requirement that I want but upon saving the records, an error was prompted which is 'The mandatory column SEGMENT4(also known as Acting Grade) has not been assigned a value'.

Kindly refer to the attachments for better understanding. Thanks Smile

Please advise if there are any ways to resolve this?
Re: Error encountered when save SIT (Special Information Type) data [message #511524 is a reply to message #511308] Mon, 13 June 2011 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Hi,

Since you checked the 'Required' checkbox on SEGMENT4, it is required. You cannot enable / disable the 'Required' flag through a validation set.
The easiest is to add a 'N/A' value to the value set on Acting Grade and make this the default value when Acting/Charge Allowance is 'Charge'.

Regards,

Arian
Re: Error encountered when save SIT (Special Information Type) data [message #511555 is a reply to message #511524] Mon, 13 June 2011 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chiafook
Hi Arian,

Thanks for your advise.

Do we have any other ways then this? Because we cant add 'N/A' value into the LOV as the Acting Grade are ment for payment and not allow user to bypass it when Acting/Charge Allowance is 'Acting'. Please advise. Thanks.

Regards,
CF
Re: Error encountered when save SIT (Special Information Type) data [message #511836 is a reply to message #511555] Wed, 15 June 2011 05:36 Go to previous message
chiafook
Hi,

Anybody that can assist me on this matter. Appreciate it. Thanks.
Previous Topic: Form Personalization - problem in applying date condition
Next Topic: BOM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:08:45 CDT 2024