Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » trigger on gl_interface (GL, R12.1.3)
trigger on gl_interface [message #527586] Wed, 19 October 2011 02:17 Go to next message
asmirnov9
Hello dear,

This is R12.1.3.
It looks like I am missing something but don't know what...
I have a trigger on gl_interface - can't be simpler

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER APPS.XXGL_INTERFACE_TRG
BEFORE INSERT
ON GL.GL_INTERFACE
REFERENCING NEW AS NEW OLD AS OLD
FOR EACH ROW
DECLARE
BEGIN
:new.attribute20 := 'XXX';
END xxgl_interface_trg;

but it only fires if a record stays in gl_interface, for example speaking about XLARGLTR (AR to GL transfer) program - if I run it while I have SLA: Disable Journal Import profile set to Yes the trigger fires, attribute20 in the gl_interface gets a value. But if the above profile option is set to N the trigger doesn't fire. Is this the way it should be or I am missing something?

Thank you

Anatoliy

Re: trigger on gl_interface [message #527591 is a reply to message #527586] Wed, 19 October 2011 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I know nothing about Oracle Apps., but - reading what you said - it seems that when the profile option is set to "No", record is not inserted into the GL_INTERFACE table. Consequentially, BEFORE INSERT trigger on the same table doesn't fire.
Re: trigger on gl_interface [message #527592 is a reply to message #527591] Wed, 19 October 2011 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmirnov9
Thank you sir - very important to have a fresh look:)
Re: trigger on gl_interface [message #527633 is a reply to message #527592] Wed, 19 October 2011 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmirnov9
never mind folks, I figured, not it is xla ones
Re: trigger on gl_interface [message #528591 is a reply to message #527633] Tue, 25 October 2011 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Just wanted to add more details.
Transfer to GL process has been changed in R12, as SLA has been introduced.
When the profile 'SLA: Disable Journal Import' is set to Yes or online accounting happens from subledgers, the data flows via gl_interface.
Otherwise it goes via new table XLA_GLT_<XXXXX> (XXXXX is a group_id of that run).

As my knowledge the default value of the profile is No.
Now a days the profile changes are not supported by Oracle unless you have a valid business reason.

By
Vamsi
Re: trigger on gl_interface [message #529195 is a reply to message #527586] Sat, 29 October 2011 11:36 Go to previous message
asmirnov9
Thank you, Vamsi,

I did use the gl_import_hook package to execute the task, that allows to run queries against the temp table like you said.

Best Regards,

Anatoliy
Previous Topic: I-Expenses Help - buttons greyed out
Next Topic: gl_interface in R12 - translated values?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:54:19 CDT 2024