Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » gl_interface in R12 - translated values?
gl_interface in R12 - translated values? [message #529196] Sat, 29 October 2011 11:41 Go to next message
asmirnov9
Dear,

I am working on some interface using such tables as
gl_interface_control and gl_interface in a multi-language environment.

My question - CAN I use hard coded string in queries like

AND user_je_source_name = 'Receivables'

or I should check the translation table as

select user_je_source_name
into v_source_name
from gl_je_sources_tl
where language = userenv('LANG')
and je_source_name = 'Receivables';

and use v_source_name in my query?

I did ran a test - I changed the language preference to Grman through self service preferences and ran the AR to GL Transfer interface but the entries in gl_inetrface are still in English? This is R12.1.3

Please let me know

Thank you for your time.

Anatoliy
Re: gl_interface in R12 - translated values? [message #529205 is a reply to message #529196] Sat, 29 October 2011 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
It depends on the Import option for that je source whether it is using Key or not.

By
Vamsi
Re: gl_interface in R12 - translated values? [message #529217 is a reply to message #529205] Sat, 29 October 2011 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmirnov9
Vamsi,

Thank you much for the very quick response, apprecaite that.

Sorry - what is the key import option, could you please eleborate, what is the path to that?

Thank you

Anatoliy
Re: gl_interface in R12 - translated values? [message #529218 is a reply to message #529205] Sat, 29 October 2011 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmirnov9
Vamsi,

I looked how 'Receivables' source is set up (using GL Super User ->Setup -> Journal -> Sources).
The check box 'Import Using Key' is not checked.

Is it what you were talking about? If yes how does relate to my question about the translated values? Sorry, not familiar with this...

Thank you

Anatoliy
Re: gl_interface in R12 - translated values? [message #529219 is a reply to message #529218] Sat, 29 October 2011 15:49 Go to previous message
asmirnov9
OK, Vamsi, I think I got it -
"Prior to Release 12, it was needed that the Journal Import should be run in the same language as the language, which was used to transfer data to GL_INTERFACE. Though this is not much relevant now (the transfer and journal import are triggered together); still Journal Import can be made independent of the language. This can be achieved by running journal import using the Source and Category Key. Generally the columns user_je_source_name and user_je_category_name in gl_interface, correspond to the columns GL_JE_SOURCES.user_je_source_name and GL_JE_CATEGORIES.user_je_category_name respectively. These values change for the different language and thus making journal import language-dependent. However while defining the sources (General Ledger Responsibility : Setup -> Journal -> Source), if the option "Import Using Key" is selected, then import refers to GL_JE_SOURCES.je_source_key and GL_JE_CATEGORIES.je_category_key. These being the Key values are common across languages and hence journal import becomes language independent."

Thanks much for poiting this out to me, was helpful.

Best Regards

Anatoliy

Previous Topic: trigger on gl_interface
Next Topic: move order and reservation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:30:53 CDT 2024