Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Listener Dynamic Registration (Oracle 10.2.0.4 on RHEL)
Listener Dynamic Registration [message #537927] Tue, 03 January 2012 01:13 Go to next message
orapratap
Hello

Which parameters are required in init file for 'Dynamic Listener Registration'? (for default port/ protocal)

I understand that Local_listener is required only if we are using not default protocal, port.

Also which cases we need listener.ora file?
I understand we need it for 'Duplicate Databse' using RMAN as well as for 'Data Guard'. what else will need it?

Regards
OraPratap
Re: Listener Dynamic Registration [message #537930 is a reply to message #537927] Tue, 03 January 2012 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
LOCAL_LISTENER
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14213/listener.htm#sthref769

Regards
Michel
Re: Listener Dynamic Registration [message #537931 is a reply to message #537930] Tue, 03 January 2012 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orapratap
Hello Michel

Thanks for the quick reply

Out of my questions I got aditional info from the links that usage of 'external procedure' and 'heterogenous service' will need listener.ora file

But my queries are still unresolved
Either I am unable to understand or unable to read between the lines from the links provided

1) Is local_listener parameter needed for dynamic listener registration regardless of what port/ protocal we are using?

2) Are there additional parameters (other than db_name, instance_name) required for dynamic listener registration?

3) Can we say only following need listener.ora?
i) OEM while managing 9i and below databases
ii) External procedures
iii) Hetergenous Services
iv) RMAN - while duplicating databases
v) Data Guard

Regards
OraPratap

Re: Listener Dynamic Registration [message #537932 is a reply to message #537931] Tue, 03 January 2012 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Quote:
2) Are there additional parameters (other than db_name, instance_name) required for dynamic listener registration?

You need SERVICE_NAMES. You do not need INSTANCE_NAME. And while DB_NAME is mandatory, it is not relevant to dynamic service registration).
Re: Listener Dynamic Registration [message #538260 is a reply to message #537932] Thu, 05 January 2012 01:07 Go to previous message
orapratap
Many Thanks John

Sorry for the delayed reply

Regards
OraPratap
Previous Topic: Resource Manager plan
Next Topic: usage of hostname in tnsnames.ora and resolving the same with hosts file on linux platform.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:30:51 CDT 2024