Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » send report pdf through email (oracle application form and report services 10g)
send report pdf through email [message #556393] Mon, 04 June 2012 01:37 Go to next message
annu-agi

dear experts

i have installed oracle application server forms and report services, and i am deploying my forms and reports on it and its working fine, now i have a new requirement to send email through reports. I am already generating reports on pdf form and displaying on screen. How can i send this report PDF as an attachment and send it to different email addresses or how can i setup oracle application report services to send emails as an attachment .. is there any way .. any idea.. i dont now hot to do it .. i have already digg the google but i cant find any thing regarding this issue.

regards

Anwer

[EDITED by LF: removed superfluous empty lines]

[Updated on: Mon, 04 June 2012 03:22] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: send report pdf through email [message #556406 is a reply to message #556393] Mon, 04 June 2012 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
UTL_MAIL package might help you do that.
Re: send report pdf through email [message #556439 is a reply to message #556406] Mon, 04 June 2012 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
annu-agi

my confusion is... on report server how can i save my report on server disk with 1 specified name, attach and send it via utl_mail package.

any idea.

regards

anwer
Re: send report pdf through email [message #557877 is a reply to message #556439] Sat, 16 June 2012 14:07 Go to previous message
manirocks
Linux/unix:

1. Create a sh script and in the script use rwclient.sh to invoke reports and send the generated pdf to user by email

Ex: rwclient.sh report=<my_report>.rdf userid=<username>/<password>@<my_db>
server=<server_name> destype=pdf desformat=file desname=one.pdf

Use mailx command to send the one.pdf to the user.

Windows:

Create .bat file and call

rwclient report=<my_report>.rdf userid=<username>/<password>@<my_db>
server=<server_name> destype=pdf desformat=file desname=one.pdf

If you want the scripts to run in daily basis then schedule them using crontabs or batch

Hope this helps Smile
Previous Topic: Viewing Report
Next Topic: Oracle Reports v 6 - printing on pre-printed stationary
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:48:20 CDT 2024