Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Viewing Report (Oracle Report 10g)
Viewing Report [message #557605] Thu, 14 June 2012 04:23 Go to next message
new_oracle2011
Can viewing and direct printing the report become same? I always find some differences not in the data but the layout of the report. the layout of report that is viewed on the monitor through internet explorer is slightly displaced and small fonts compared with the report printed directly to the printer without viewing it on the screen.

Can this problem be solved?
Re: Viewing Report [message #557606 is a reply to message #557605] Thu, 14 June 2012 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If a printer doesn't contain exactly the same font you used in a report, it has to "map" it to the most similar one it can find. That might be the reason.

P.S. If you'd print the report as a bitmap (i.e. an image, a photo) (for example, I know that "Print" from Corel Draw contains that option - "print as bitmap"), then it would look exactly the same.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 June 2012 04:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Viewing Report [message #557607 is a reply to message #557606] Thu, 14 June 2012 04:36 Go to previous message
new_oracle2011
there is no problem when report printed directly to the printer called from oracle forms 10g. Printed report looks same as it was designed in Oracle Report Builder.

But if it is viewed on the screen in Internet explorer when called from Oracle forms, then layout is displaced and become smaller in size little bit. Is there any way to avoid such disturbances when viewed on screen?
Previous Topic: Many graphs in a repeating frame
Next Topic: send report pdf through email
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:53:27 CDT 2024