Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » import on dblink (oracle 10g r2)
import on dblink [message #582774] Mon, 22 April 2013 09:00 Go to next message
guddu_12
Dear all

I tried to find how to import whole schema over db link , can below command use for whole schema import

CREATE DATABASE LINK EXP_SAT CONNECT TO SYS IDENTIFIED BY SYS USING 'PRTRD01'

IMPDP SYS/SYS@PRTRD01 directory =EXP_SCHEMA NETWORK_LINK = EXP_SAT remap_schema = STG_CUPID_RP2:STG_CUPID_RP2;

How can i import whole schema from other database. i have a database WHO2 WHERE I HAVE A schema called stg_cupid_rp2 i want to import into data WH0T in stg_cupid_rp2 using DBlink EXP_SAT.

Any help will be greatly appriciated
Re: import on dblink [message #582776 is a reply to message #582774] Mon, 22 April 2013 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
- Never ever use SYS (or SYSDBA) but for maintenance purpose (startup, shutdown, backup, recover)
- SYS/SYSDBA is special
- SYS/SYSDBA is Oracle proprietary (try to open a SR/TAR starting with "i did that with SYS/SYSDBA" and you'll see the immediate answer)
- SYS/SYSDBA does not act like any other user
- When you use SYS/SYSDBA Oracle deactivates some code path and activates others
- Whatever you do with SYS/SYSDBA will neither validate nor invalidate the same thing with any other user.

NEVER EVER use SYS/SYSDBA for anything that can be done by another user.
Use SYS/SYSDBA ONLY for something that can't be done by someone else.

Create a dblink for an account that can read the schema you want to import.

Regards
Michel
Re: import on dblink [message #582779 is a reply to message #582776] Mon, 22 April 2013 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guddu_12
oK. Thanks

i will use a user called ads_llr. how can i import STG_CUPID_RP2 schema from WH02T TO WH0T USING USER ads_llr

CREATE DATABASE LINK EXP_SAT CONNECT TO ads_llr IDENTIFIED BY ads_llr USING 'WHO2T'
Re: import on dblink [message #582780 is a reply to message #582779] Mon, 22 April 2013 09:18 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
With the command you gave, at first sight.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: SQL Loader and Batch ID
Next Topic: Too many errors while importing full db export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:17:16 CDT 2024