Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to Hide Username and Password in WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT (oracle 10g)
How to Hide Username and Password in WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT [message #588978] Mon, 01 July 2013 03:13 Go to next message
samir2012
Hi,

I want to hide the URL or Username and password in web.show_document.
While accessing report through form any end user can see the url.
I need to hide the credentials.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
Samir
Re: How to Hide Username and Password in WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT [message #588979 is a reply to message #588978] Mon, 01 July 2013 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
CGICMD.DAT file might be your savior. It is a file that resides on the application server and contains "aliases" for your reports. In there, you specify username/password combination, list of parameters and stuff. When calling a report, specify report's CGICMD.DAT's "alias" (so username/password are no longer seen in URL).
Re: How to Hide Username and Password in WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT [message #588987 is a reply to message #588978] Mon, 01 July 2013 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
samir2012
Thanks for the prompt response.
Could you elaborate on what actions need to be performed on the application server in CGICMD.DAT file and to use the alias name in web.show_document.
I am using the code to call a report through form by using web.show_document

DECLARE
	VPASSWORD  VARCHAR2(30);
BEGIN

Declare
				v_show_document	VARCHAR2 (2000) := '/reports/rwservlet?';
				v_connect	VARCHAR2 (200)  := 'userid=scott/tiger@test1';
				v_report_server	VARCHAR2 (50)   := 'rep_tbanner';
				v_report_name	VARCHAR2(100)   := '/u01/banner/inb/TEST/reports/rdf/GSTEST.rdf';
				v_format				VARCHAR2(12)    := 'HTMLCSS';	--	PDF or SPREADSHEET
				begin
				v_show_document := v_show_document
				         || v_connect
				         -- Report server
				         || '&server='
				         || v_report_server
				         -- Report name
				         || '&report='||v_report_name
				         -- Reports parameters
				         || '&destype=CACHE'
				         || '&desformat='||v_format
				         || '&paramform=no'
				         || '&ID='||:KEY_ID;
--				         || '&datefrom='|| :dummy.datefrom;		--Parameter Passed to report
				--         || '&p_my_second_parameter='||:block.my_second_parameter	--Parameter Passed to report
				         --;
				web.show_document(v_show_document);
				end;

END;

Regards,
Samir
Re: How to Hide Username and Password in WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT [message #588993 is a reply to message #588987] Mon, 01 July 2013 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
CGICMD.DAT is self-documented, with examples (you'd, of course, know that if you took a look, instead of waiting for someone to tell you that, twice).
Re: How to Hide Username and Password in WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT [message #590257 is a reply to message #588993] Tue, 16 July 2013 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
samir2012
Is there any other way to hide parameters when calling report from form without touching CGICMD.DAT file.

Regards,
Samir
Re: How to Hide Username and Password in WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT [message #593906 is a reply to message #588978] Wed, 21 August 2013 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dllinf
You can secure Web.Show_Document by storing The userid connect string as a temporary cookie this document explains how to use it
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/documentation/frmwebshowdoc-rep-10gr2-1-128932.pdf
Re: How to Hide Username and Password in WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT [message #599555 is a reply to message #588993] Fri, 25 October 2013 18:24 Go to previous message
suj_it
I am attempting to call another report from the current report using a hyperlink. It is context sensitive and works fine.
But the same issue with passwords on URL. The CGICMD.DAT file is handy in storing key values. The userid works fine too in this file if stored as a key, but it still shows up on the URL Sad

Just FYI.

The link translates the key value (userid=my_key) as highlighted below in the URL:
http://RWDVLP:9003/reports/rwservlet?server=RptSvr_app01_dvlp&destype=cache&desformat=pdf&report=audit_counts.rep&userid=scott/tiger@rwdvlp&end_date=25-OCT-2013&start_date=01-OCT-2013&p_auditor=ALL&p_hub=1099

I have not tried the cookie method suggested by dllinf
Previous Topic: Oracle 10g reports crashes everytime
Next Topic: rep-50002
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:53:39 CDT 2024