Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Help with job to generate/email Oracle report output (Oracle Reports 11g)
Help with job to generate/email Oracle report output [message #596330] Fri, 20 September 2013 09:04
nait1234
The task is to have an Oracle report generated daily, automatically, and e-mailed to a user.

So I've sort of got this working.

I created a job on the database that will generate the report. I'm able to get the report to email as a PDF to the destination with this command:

UTL_HTTP.REQUEST('http://server/reports/rwservlet?server=specific_report_server &report='||p_report_name||'&userid='||p_connstring||'&destype=mail'||p_parameters||'&desname='||p_to_recipientlist||' &cc='||p_cc_recipientlist||'&bcc='||p_bcc_recipientlist||'&subject=%22' || REPLACE(p_subject,' ','%20') || '%22&paramform=no&DESformat=pdf&ENVID='||p_envid);

That works great...

The problem however is that my organization has two report servers that are load balanced. Our server team could take down one of the servers without really any warning, so I can't just hardcode the report server name (the ?server= parameter above) with one of the report server names because it will work for a while, then when that server goes down, it will stop working.

My server team asked me to look for a way to pull the server from the formsweb.cfg file or from default.env value within the job (there are parameters in there that hold the server name). The idea there is that the "http://server" piece will direct the report to be run on the appropriate server, and the first part of the job could get the server name from the config file. I'm not sure if this is possible, or how to do this. Any ideas?

Is there a better way that this can be done, perhaps?

[Updated on: Fri, 20 September 2013 09:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Runtime Search
Next Topic: Report live value change
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:49:19 CDT 2024