Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » SOS - Implement Check Printing in EBS (R11.5.10.2)
icon5.gif  SOS - Implement Check Printing in EBS [message #599918] Wed, 30 October 2013 03:58 Go to next message
totoro_orafaq
Hi all,

I'm quite new to Oracle EBS. would like to seek for you guys help here. Embarassed Embarassed

Currently, we're using third party software for AP check printing.
Instead of 3rd party software, user would like to have it in Oracle EBS.
notes: we'll have it printing on a blank form and it required MICR font type wording.

I have few questions and really appreciate if someone could help: Embarassed Embarassed

1) I found MICR is a licensed font type, do i need to purchase it? (if yes, which type of license i should purchase since there're few types available)
2) MICR font - Can i just install a freeware version? if yes, any potential risk on licensing issue?
3) For checking printing, any dedicated printer required? or, it can just printed out by normal printer?

Please let me know if there's anything I should looking into it.

Great thanks in advance. Smile Smile

License type of MICR font:
BankenScibe MICR Font for E13B - Single User License

BankenScibe MICR Font for E13B - Enterprise License

BankenScibe MICR Font for E13B - Distribution License

Re: SOS - Implement Check Printing in EBS [message #600013 is a reply to message #599918] Wed, 30 October 2013 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
totoro_orafaq
Hi,

can anyone helps? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Re: SOS - Implement Check Printing in EBS [message #600036 is a reply to message #600013] Thu, 31 October 2013 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Unfortunately, OraFAQ Forum lacks in people who know EBS so you might have to wait to get the answer. Perhaps you'd rather search for help elsewhere (I'd suggest OTN forums).
Re: SOS - Implement Check Printing in EBS [message #600140 is a reply to message #600013] Fri, 01 November 2013 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
erporacleuser
Hi,

Here is the process in precise for Check Printing in Oracle EBS.

The custom rtf report should be build in BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher)and oracle has provided MICR fonts along with other fonts.You can use them .No need to install or buy unless client is asking for a specific font.

Dev (BI Publisher tool):

Build the check template layout in RTF as per the requirement
In XML Publisher Administrator

Application (Front-end):

Create Format
Create Template
Create Payment Process Profile and attach the rtf template
Do the MICR font mapping settings in XML Publisher Administrator

Testing:

Run the Invoice (single or batch )

Printer Settings:

It's a common practice to have a dedicated printer for check printing.You need to have pasta printer configurations (usually DBA will do this..)

Let me know if you have any open questions.

Rgds,

Re: SOS - Implement Check Printing in EBS [message #600165 is a reply to message #600140] Fri, 01 November 2013 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Wee, now that's something! Welcome, thank you for denying me almost instantly! I hope you've come to stay; if that's so, please, check other questions in this forum and help people if you can - that would be great!
Re: SOS - Implement Check Printing in EBS [message #600195 is a reply to message #600165] Sat, 02 November 2013 04:45 Go to previous message
erporacleuser
Sure.Thank You.

Rgds,
Previous Topic: Error Message: This project type is in use; You can not update this field
Next Topic: upload data from Excel sheet into Oracle Assets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:16:06 CDT 2024