Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Terminated with error: REP-300: Invalid Indentifier (Oracle 10G)
Terminated with error: REP-300: Invalid Indentifier [message #600314] Mon, 04 November 2013 19:35 Go to next message
kupstar
Hi there,
I am new to oracle forms and report. I've modified a report and I am able to run the SQL from toad and executed with no errors and output the results as expected. The SQL from the report is calling a function from DB. I granted execute permisiion to public. when I run the report, it has o errors, the result were fine. However, when another user run the report, it get the the following error.

Terminated with error:
REP-300: "GET_NSCL_TOT": invalid identifier
to_char ==> (get_NSCL_Tot('NFL',to_date(:period_end_date,'DD-MON-RRRR'),'1'),'999999.99')||','col2

Could someone please assist?

Thank you kindly in advance.
Re: Terminated with error: REP-300: Invalid Indentifier [message #600337 is a reply to message #600314] Tue, 05 November 2013 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is because nobody (but the owner) can actually "see" that function. Therefore, you need to do one of the following:
  • create a synonym (for the function) in every users's schema that will run that report
  • create a public synonym for that function
  • in report's query, precede function's name with owner's name (i.e. "owner_name.function_name")
From my point of view, granting privilege to PUBLIC should be avoided. Why would PUBLIC run your function? Grant EXECUTE to desired user (or, maybe even better, to a role, and then grant role to users).
Re: Terminated with error: REP-300: Invalid Indentifier [message #600383 is a reply to message #600337] Tue, 05 November 2013 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kupstar
LittleFoot, you are champ. Thanks for your assistance. I created a synonym (for the function) in every users's schema and user's able to run the report successfully. I also revoked the execute permission to PUBLIC and granted to a Role which was also a success.

Greatly appreciate your assistance.

Best Regards,
Kupstar

[Updated on: Tue, 05 November 2013 20:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Terminated with error: REP-300: Invalid Indentifier [message #600392 is a reply to message #600383] Wed, 06 November 2013 00:14 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Great! I'm glad you solved the problem.
Previous Topic: rep-50002
Next Topic: Report error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:43:31 CDT 2024