Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » WebCenter Suite & Portal » Looking for help, manuals and tutorial sites for WebDB
Looking for help, manuals and tutorial sites for WebDB [message #606825] Wed, 29 January 2014 12:53 Go to next message
cmcgrotty
Hi,
I know this is going to make a number of readers read my post again as they gasp "WebDB???" however that is what I have to work with and so I am looking for help with finding anything at all on how to do things like exporting a report/query to MS Excel.

Google is not being very helpful...another gasp?!?!?...so any help that users here can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Looking for help, manuals and tutorial sites for WebDB [message #606826 is a reply to message #606825] Wed, 29 January 2014 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
With Oracle client software installed on the PC running Excel,
from Excel you can directly issue SQL against Oracle DB by connecting via ODBC.
Re: Looking for help, manuals and tutorial sites for WebDB [message #606973 is a reply to message #606826] Fri, 31 January 2014 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmcgrotty
Thank you BlackSwan,
I am looking for more than just to solve the excel problem, of which to call a stored procedure in Oracle would require OleDB and some VB scripting for WebDB/APEX/etc. to work. I know APEX offers direct export which you build in to your reports, but I a curious if WebDB had that same solution as it will be the end users that want to save the results to excel and I don't think OleDB is going to be a viable solution for no techie users.

Again that is just one example of the many questions I have...another is how do I edit a form in the WebDB administration screens?
I can open the screen up in edit mode but I do not see anything to add new fields to an existing form. Im sure it is user error but that is why I need the tutorials, etc.

Once again, thank you for your input, if you can help with the tutorials that would be great.
Re: Looking for help, manuals and tutorial sites for WebDB [message #606974 is a reply to message #606973] Fri, 31 January 2014 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Any stored procedure runs deep inside the Oracle RDBMS engine on the DB Server system.
It is a non-trivial solution to have PL/SQL procedure do anything involving files on any remote client.
It appears that your imagination greatly exceeds your technical abilities & knowledge.
Re: Looking for help, manuals and tutorial sites for WebDB [message #606983 is a reply to message #606974] Fri, 31 January 2014 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmcgrotty
Thank you for your voluntary assessment of my capabilities; possibly if you spent a moment longer focused on answering the question as posted than my knowledge and imagination then they might be brought closer in line with one another. Actually, don't bother responding, I'll wait for someone else less arrogant to help me uncover what I am looking for.

Oh one last thing...the purpose of forums is to ask for suggestions on how to solve problems we don't already have the answer too, would be pointless me asking if I already knew WebDB. And it is the imagination of those saying wouldn't it be great if... that drives us forward. Sorry to see you lack that vision!

Now if anyone else can help me find tutorials on WebDB that would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Looking for help, manuals and tutorial sites for WebDB [message #606985 is a reply to message #606983] Fri, 31 January 2014 11:00 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=webdb+tutorial
Previous Topic: Image Slider In Webcenter Portal page
Next Topic: how to get session values set in portlet in to servlet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:38:46 CDT 2024