Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » what is this erorr?
what is this erorr? [message #615883] Tue, 10 June 2014 08:55 Go to next message
hahaie
hello
When I want to save my report display error in file attachment(top image)
and when open report builder and I want to open my report(I had previously saved)and i want save display bottom image.
What should I do?
Very surprised::my text items of report exists in object navigator but not exist in paper layout
What should I do???
  • Attachment: error.JPG
    (Size: 34.68KB, Downloaded 1357 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 10 June 2014 09:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: what is this erorr? [message #615885 is a reply to message #615883] Tue, 10 June 2014 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahzad-ul-hasan
LF Already some sugession:
Unable to open '<filename>'.

Cause: Oracle Reports tried to open the file shown and couldn't. The possible causes of this error include the following:
Case 1: The file was not found under the specified name in the specified location.
Case 2: You lacked the necessary privileges to open the file.
Case 3: A system error made it impossible to open the file.

Action: You can take the following actions to correct this error:
If Case 1: Make sure the file is stored in the specified directory under the specified name. If it is not, change the directory and/or filename as appropriate.
If Case 2: Make sure that you have the privileges necessary to open the file. If you don't, change your privileges accordingly.
If Case 3: Consult your operating system documentation or contact your system administrator.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25054_01/core.1111/e10113/chapter_rep_messages.htm

[Updated on: Tue, 10 June 2014 09:13]

Re: what is this erorr? [message #615886 is a reply to message #615885] Tue, 10 June 2014 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaie
The items have been removed from their frames
According to the attached file How do they get their frames?
  • Attachment: objects.JPG
    (Size: 37.15KB, Downloaded 1352 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 10 June 2014 09:48]

Re: what is this erorr? [message #615905 is a reply to message #615886] Wed, 11 June 2014 00:52 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As of your first question: which Reports version do you use, on which operating system?

As of your second question: are you sure that this (M_G_COD_ID_PRODT_HDR) is the correct frame? Its name ("HDR") suggest that it contains field labels (i.e. it is a "header"). I don't think that fields themselves belong to that frame.

Anyway: how complex is that report? If you can afford it, delete everything from the Paper Layout Editor and let the Wizard create layout from scratch. It will be ugly, but everything will be in its place. Then, make it fancy.
If you don't want to do that, try the following: in the Paper Layout Editor, group fields that belong to a certain frame. Select the frame and paint it (white, for example) so that you'd see whether it is above or below fields - as it is now, it should be placed above and you, obviously, have to move it below. You do that in Reports' "Layout" menu, by selecting "Move backward" as many times as necessary, until you see fields placed within the frame. If you don't group the fields, you'll have to repeat "Move backward" operation quite a lot of times; having them grouped, you might be done in a matter of several attempts.
Previous Topic: shift an object
Next Topic: Avoid extra space in field when "fixed" vertical elasticity is selected
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:49:31 CDT 2024