Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » ORA-12154 error coming while loading forms in browser (OS is Windows 7 Forms & Report:-11.1.2.2 Database is Express Edition 11G)
ORA-12154 error coming while loading forms in browser [message #618329] Thu, 10 July 2014 13:43 Go to next message
praveenkumar1986
When i am trying to run form in browser it is showing error. TNS could not resolved the the connect identifier specified.
All the files location is oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\network\ADMIN.

I googled but not able to understand as i am trying to lean and all this things are new & confusing to me.

sqlnet.ora
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS)
#NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (LDAP, TNSNAMES, HOSTNAME)
tnsnames.ora
XE =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = PKS-PC)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = XE)
)
)
EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)
)
)
ORACLR_CONNECTION_DATA =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = CLRExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)
)
)
listener.ora
SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server)
(PROGRAM = extproc)
)
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = CLRExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server)
(PROGRAM = extproc)
)
)
LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = PKS-PC)(PORT = 1521))
)
)
DEFAULT_SERVICE_LISTENER = (XE)
  • Attachment: Ora-12154.png
    (Size: 8.49KB, Downloaded 1404 times)
Re: ORA-12154 error coming while loading forms in browser [message #618330 is a reply to message #618329] Thu, 10 July 2014 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
ORA-12154 ALWAYS only occurs on SQL Client & no SQL*Net packets ever leave client system
ORA-12154 NEVER involves the listener, the database itself or anything on the DB Server.
ORA-12154 occurs when client requests a connection to some DB server system using some connection string.
TNS-03505 is thrown by tnsping & is same error as ORA-12154 thrown by sqlplus or others.
The lookup operation fails because the name provided can NOT be resolved to any remote DB.
The analogous operation would be when you wanted to call somebody, but could not find their name in any phonebook.
The most frequent cause for the ORA-12154 error is when the connection alias can not be found in tnsnames.ora.
The lookup operation of the alias can be impacted by the contents of the sqlnet.ora file; specifically DOMAIN entry.

TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE: ORA-12154 & TNS-12154 TNS:could not resolve service name [ID 114085.1]

http://edstevensdba.wordpress.com/2011/02/26/ora-12154tns-03505/
Re: ORA-12154 error coming while loading forms in browser [message #618358 is a reply to message #618330] Fri, 11 July 2014 04:43 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How many Oracle products have you installed on that computer? More than one? If so, you probably have multiple versions of TNSNAMES.ORA files. The one that is used by Developer Suite doesn't contain alias for the database you are trying to connect to.

If that's so, I'd suggest you to use TNS_ADMIN environment variable which takes care about it. Have a look here for some more info.
Previous Topic: Transparent Gateways or Heterogeneous Services (Oracle to SQL Server)?
Next Topic: Not able to connect with database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:59:36 CDT 2024