Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Amending user ie: adding a role in OEM causing a "alter user XXXX identified by 'xxxxxxx';" statemen (10.2.0.5)
Amending user ie: adding a role in OEM causing a "alter user XXXX identified by 'xxxxxxx';" statemen [message #632333] Thu, 29 January 2015 02:49 Go to next message
smac
Whenever I add a privilege or role to a user in this 10g database and look at sql generated it's first line is 'alter user xxxx identified by 'xxxxxxxxx''
the password is always xxxxxx and causes the user to have to reset there password.
Profile of user if default and nothing changed.
Any idea why it does this or is it a bug as I know it does not do this at 11g.
thanks
Re: Amending user ie: adding a role in OEM causing a "alter user XXXX identified by 'xxxxxxx';" statemen [message #632335 is a reply to message #632333] Thu, 29 January 2015 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

I don't understand anything of what you say.
Use SQL*Plus and copy and paste what you do and get.

Before, Please read OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read.

Also, feedback and thank people who helped you in your previous topics.

Re: Amending user ie: adding a role in OEM causing a "alter user XXXX identified by 'xxxxxxx';" statemen [message #632338 is a reply to message #632335] Thu, 29 January 2015 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smac
Michel,
In oracle enterprise manager I add a role TEST_ROLE and when I view sql created this is whats shown

ALTER USER "FRED" IDENTIFIED BY "*********"
GRANT "TEST_ROLE" TO "FRED"
ALTER USER "FRED" DEFAULT ROLE ALL

Why is it changing the password or corrupting password as u have to reset password to be able to login as FRED from this point.

thanks
Re: Amending user ie: adding a role in OEM causing a "alter user XXXX identified by 'xxxxxxx';" statemen [message #632340 is a reply to message #632338] Thu, 29 January 2015 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

So this is an EM question not a Server Administration one.
I think you misuse the tool.
You have to post the screens you filled to do this action.

Re: Amending user ie: adding a role in OEM causing a "alter user XXXX identified by 'xxxxxxx';" statemen [message #632341 is a reply to message #632338] Thu, 29 January 2015 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gazzag
As Michel said, Copy & Paste a SQL*Plus session which demonstrates the behaviour you describe.
Re: Amending user ie: adding a role in OEM causing a "alter user XXXX identified by 'xxxxxxx';" statemen [message #632343 is a reply to message #632341] Thu, 29 January 2015 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smac
I don't think I have misused any tools just a genuine mistake, if you cant help I will repost under correct area.
the OEM creates the sql statements itself NOT a SQL*Plus session. OEM you just point and clicking adding role to a user and showing sql created by OEM before applying.
Re: Amending user ie: adding a role in OEM causing a "alter user XXXX identified by 'xxxxxxx';" statemen [message #632344 is a reply to message #632343] Thu, 29 January 2015 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

I moved it to the correct forum.
As I said you have to post the screen you filled to execute this action.

Re: Amending user ie: adding a role in OEM causing a "alter user XXXX identified by 'xxxxxxx';" statemen [message #632361 is a reply to message #632344] Thu, 29 January 2015 07:57 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
Given that V10 is no longer supported, the real question is does this behavior still exist in V12 release.
Even if a bug in V10, it will never be corrected in V10 release; so why is this an issue now?
Previous Topic: Issue while install and configure EM.
Next Topic: Oracle 12C Cloud control instalation issue (unable to deployee agent software)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:48:31 CDT 2024