Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Accessing PL/SQL Web Service From The Internet
Accessing PL/SQL Web Service From The Internet [message #637976] Sun, 31 May 2015 02:07 Go to next message
elmousa68
Hi all,

I hope everyone is having a good day.

I have created a web service using the dbms_xdb package. This service has been tested on the local machine in a satisfactory manner.

My question is : in our company, all Oracle forms and reports work within the intranet; nothing is exposed to the internet.

So if I want to access the above service from the internet, what configuration / software / hardware do I need to put in place?

Any thoughts welcome.

Thank you.

Note : we are using Oracle 11g database with Oracle Application Server 10g in a RAC environment.

Re: Accessing PL/SQL Web Service From The Internet [message #637977 is a reply to message #637976] Sun, 31 May 2015 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>I have created a web service using the dbms_xdb package.

above means that Oracle database must reside om a system that is exposed to the whole internet.
I NEVER would have produced a solution which requires any Oracle DB TOTALLY exposed & vulnerable to world wide hacking.
If you insist this must be deployed as currently coded, I would have no application data actually reside in/on the exposed DB,
& only use XDB as a pass through mechanism.
icon8.gif  Re: Accessing PL/SQL Web Service From The Internet [message #637981 is a reply to message #637977] Sun, 31 May 2015 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elmousa68
I think that this package is there for a reason. There must be a way to use it to make the db data available to users over the internet without compromising security. Why else would Oracle provide it in the first place?

What is meant by "pass through"?
Re: Accessing PL/SQL Web Service From The Internet [message #637983 is a reply to message #637981] Sun, 31 May 2015 12:59 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
If you wish to believe that the XDB is 100% secure, then I won't waste my time trying to convince you otherwise.

>What is meant by "pass through"?
It means that I would store the all the application data in a different database which is isolated behind a FireWall & the XDB operates only as intermediary.
Previous Topic: How to Connect Between Two Different Database
Next Topic: Weblogic 10.3.5.0 cluster_reports not starting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:51:45 CDT 2024