Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » How to log what parameter the API is passing to query (oracle 11g)
How to log what parameter the API is passing to query [message #657477] Wed, 09 November 2016 12:03 Go to next message
magnify
Hi guys,

There is an API which is calling a view and passing some value as filter criteria to that view. I want to log that entry without changing the API call ( means no stored procedure call to log the parameter value in a table ).

API is calling the view as follows :

select * From my_view where phone_number ='1234456';

I just want to log at what time the query was called and what phone number was searched. I can write a procedure to do that but that would require a change at API end which is not feasible at this moment. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Re: How to log what parameter the API is passing to query [message #657478 is a reply to message #657477] Wed, 09 November 2016 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
AUDIT can log the time.

does the API Really, really produce hard coded SQL with different literal (phone_number ='1234456') for every SELECT?
or is SELECT done with Bind variable?
Re: How to log what parameter the API is passing to query [message #657479 is a reply to message #657478] Wed, 09 November 2016 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnify
Thanks for your quick response. its select with bind variable. Just want to log what is the value of bind variable for each API call.
Re: How to log what parameter the API is passing to query [message #657480 is a reply to message #657479] Wed, 09 November 2016 12:22 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
  1* select view_name from dba_views where view_name like '%BIND%'
SQL> /

VIEW_NAME
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
V_$SQL_BIND_METADATA
V_$SQL_BIND_DATA
GV_$SQL_BIND_METADATA
GV_$SQL_BIND_DATA
DBA_OPBINDINGS
CDB_OPBINDINGS
USER_OPBINDINGS
ALL_OPBINDINGS
INT$DBA_HIST_SQL_BIND_METADATA
DBA_HIST_SQL_BIND_METADATA
CDB_HIST_SQL_BIND_METADATA

VIEW_NAME
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KU$_LOBINDEX_VIEW
KU$_OPBINDING_VIEW
DBA_HIST_SQLBIND
CDB_HIST_SQLBIND
DBA_SQLTUNE_BINDS
CDB_SQLTUNE_BINDS
USER_SQLTUNE_BINDS
DBA_SQLSET_BINDS
CDB_SQLSET_BINDS
USER_SQLSET_BINDS
ALL_SQLSET_BINDS

VIEW_NAME
V_$SQL_BIND_CAPTURE
GV_$SQL_BIND_CAPTURE

24 rows selected.
Previous Topic: Search data between months
Next Topic: spool sql data in excel multi sheets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:42:21 CDT 2024