Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » COLD BACKUP
COLD BACKUP [message #68974] Fri, 05 October 2001 21:55 Go to next message
denzil
Hi,
Can anybody send the cold backup script for win2k. I have the production database on archive log mode. I have to copy all data,redolog,control files as well as archive log files to tape and I have to delete the archive log files 3 days back how can do that. can anybody send me the script.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: COLD BACKUP [message #69007 is a reply to message #68974] Sat, 13 October 2001 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suresh Baral
Hi

This can done by using task schedular of winnt/win2000. So you make the batch file for shutdown the database and copy all the database folder into tape. That depends also what type of tape hardware you are having. Default is ntbackup.exe for copy into tape/catridge. Then another schedule for copy archive log into another folder and delete from original folder. Both schedular you have to do for twice a week.

Good luck.

Suresh

Re: COLD BACKUP [message #69076 is a reply to message #68974] Wed, 24 October 2001 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jo Sadang
Suresh, I'm not very familiar with WINNT commands but how do I make sure that when I am copying or moving out archive files from one folder to another, that I am leaving my active one alone?
Thanks.

Re: COLD BACKUP [message #69081 is a reply to message #68974] Thu, 25 October 2001 04:09 Go to previous message
Suresh Baral
Hi

Please follow this process by using winnt/2k TASK-SCHEDULAR (AT.EXE).

1- shutdown database (only if you require cold backup)

2- copy archive files from original folder to 2nd folder and/or into catridge

3- then delete archive files from original folder

4- take cold backup (if required)

5- startup database (if you shutdown this)

6- delete archive files from 2nd folder once in a month manully

Frequently you have to check up the sequence of archive files, and log files wheather these above process are running smoothly, that's all.

*** Once you are moving archive files from one folder to anathor folder, there is nothing to worry. These files are required when there will be any crash in database. Then you have to restore these in orginal location.

Suresh

Previous Topic: ORA-12560:TNS:protocol adapter error
Next Topic: Re: Data imgration from MS SQL server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 22:30:11 CDT 2024